Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Self-Identify Genes and Ideas for Upgrading the Lab

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 23:41:19 — Link

Sometimes it's easy to guess what a gene is or we at least have a good idea. Especially the color genes, I don't need to pay 200 silver to have the lab tell me what the two expressed color genes are, thanks.

I do have 1 2/3 working eyes right now, I can tell if it's blue and piebald. XD
Sometimes with breeding too, you can guess which genes they inherited pretty accurately.

So I propose we be given the option to click the gene box and select which gene we think it it ourselves. However, to avoid confusion from buyers or ourselves, our guesses are color coded. Maybe Dark purple for shown, faded blue for recessive, and no color differentiation between negative and positive genes?

We can be wrong in our guessing. All having a guess selected will do is stop that gene from being found randomly when you use "research" buttons or find the lab while exploring.
Guesses can also be removed or changed.

However, since research is random, to keep people from guessing all the genes but one just so they can research the one they want to I say limit it to 6 per pet for a level 1 lab.

Yes, a level 1 lab. I also think the lab should be upgradable.

Higher level labs would allow us to guess more genes ourselves, maybe 2 per level for a total of 10 at a level 4 lab.

However, each level lab would come with an added benefit. These are just my ideas; feel free to add your own.
Level 2: test a "full gene" for 150 silver and 2 vermillion, meaning instead of just what is recessive and shown for a given gene, test both.
Level 3: for 500 silver and 3 vermillion, test a specific gene, only the dominant or recessive half though. That way would could target which gene to test but at a much increased cost.
Level 4: automatically identify the dominant/shown genes of any pet born at our stable if both of the parents were fully researched.

• TestName
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 06:18:10 — Link

I greatly support this. Even ignoring the colors/patterns, I've been using the "List of Genes" table to guess some of my pets' less obvious genes so it's rather annoying to research a gene and get a result that you already were 95% sure you had anyway.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 07:59:03 — Link

Boosted/hurt stats can be a dead giveaway too, like if intellegence is 50% there really is only one thing that can mean.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 19:30:09 — Link

Apparently not many people annoyed by spending money and vermillion to identify genes they know their pet has. :/

Oh well.

• seph
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 19:40:36 — Link

Maybe as an idea for a leveled Labratory would be the ability right now the genecist gives.

Beeing able to choose what genes you want to research.

That way you also wouldn't waste that much of money and vermillion.

Pet Sales

Item Sales

Need a pet for building?

Then visit the Builders Help to get an assistant.

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 21:18:44 — Link

Support

Especially choosing what gene you want to research specifically.

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 13:01:23 — Link

Don't support the research genes specifically unless it's a premium item which we already have.

I like the idea of holding genes, but 6 for me is excessive. I believe 3 is a good number for a level 1 lab. Then it adds 1 per level and caps at level 5. So you can hold 8 genes of your liking.

Alternatively, levelling your lab can get you cheaper researches. Like Level 2 can search 2 genes for the price of 1 vermillion and 100 silver. Level 3 lets you research 3 genes for the same price, 4 researches 4 genes and caps at 5 too. Or maybe just add 50 silver  or 1 vermillion each level.

I don't really mind spending to research random genes. IDK, I always research the full 20 genes even if I know it or not. The important part for me is the recessive marks. I don't care about the dominant ones cause those are predictable.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla