Boards < General < Help < Searching Genetics

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• CleverGirl
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-28 01:39:25 — Link

When breeding a pet you are able to search for desired genes and stats however the skin and pattern search either isn't working or is confusing enough that I think it isn't working.

Example I wanted to breed with a Black GP3 Unicorn. I set it to search Both recessive and dominant . There are Eight instances of Black on the search list but I assume it is the one nearest the other unicorn colors. No results. I am able to find several manually.

I want to breed a Piebald Cockatrice. There are four instances of Piebald so I select the one closest to the other Cockatrice patterns. I forget to add the GP3 even but still get no results. I try every other Piebald. Still 0 out of 625.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-28 15:10:17 — Link

Every species' coat genes are distinct, despite same names. I used to have the same issue - spend ages searching for "Black" gryphons but getting no results... until I went down the list and tried the different Black options. Finally found the right one.

You'll have to do the same, learn where your species' colours are placed on the list. It is quite confusing, they could add notes there. "Black - Unicorn" "Piebald - Gryphon" etc.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-28 19:48:26 — Link

You need to narrow your search - click on Unicorn, then on the gene you want. It narrows down the query to only cover the beasts you specify.

Otherwise there may be a bug in how the query works if it's not returning a result.

Otherwise make sure you select cockatrice first. Then there will only be one piebald to select - the correct one.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• CleverGirl
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-29 00:11:53 — Link

I was attempting to do it by finding the one next the proper species type but wasn't having luck. I was not previously selecting species and that seems to make it work. Thank you arete.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-29 14:28:42 — Link

You're welcome. :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla