Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < A Summer Event

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-22 21:48:41 — Link

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a big summer event to counterbalance our big winter event, the tundra/etelia extravaganza.

Could we bring back the Festive Outfits, but for summer? I'd love to give an extra 5 energy to some of my best beasts. And events draw players, which boosts ad revenue, which helps.

And it's not like you'd need to make new code or anything...

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-26 12:15:57 — Link

Oh, agreed! The outfits were a long time before I joined, but they were made with blueprints and materials found while exploring, correct? Perhaps they could be made findable again.

Even if the chances are only 0.01% per island, or something silly like that (to keep the outfits super rare) it would be great to have the opportunity. A little bonus to work towards, either as a summer event or a year-round thing.

Some players would complain about only 3 species being represented, though. Adding more outfits might be a hassle. Even if art wasn't an issue (you could make it a contest? I'd jump at the chance to draw some fancy beasts) it still takes time to edit coding, and I'd prefer that the devs can focus on BeastEon instead.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-27 23:50:41 — Link

Yes, you collected the ingredients for the outfits, including leather from hoppers, and bought the festive outfit blueprints from the state store and in the case of symurghs the premium shop.

They don't have to expand the number of beasts or pay for new art... Just the three they had before would be fine. It's just that the gap between the hopper and the tundra events is so long and it would be nice to have something to do.

This game kinda gets a bit boring when you've built everything and you're nearing the limit of the pets you can support. Events are great fun by comparison.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-09 19:52:54 — Link

I agree with this as well, I missed the tundra event and didn't understand the hopper quest :c The release of a new Kami would be appreciated as well, since they usually come with events to get them. The last Kami event seems to have been early to late 2016 ( Dita and/or the seasonal trio).

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-11 14:22:14 — Link

Well they aren't going to do any more big kami events, as they're gearing up for BeastEon and all their efforts are going towards that.

The nice thing about the Festive Outfits though is that we've already had them so they don't have to write new code, and it'll fill the long summer months when there's nothing happening on Beastkeeper.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla