Boards < New Player Hall < Introduction < look! a wild newbie in its natural habitat!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Jysenya
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-02 20:43:45 — Link

Hello! Jysenya here, but you can call me J, Sen, Senya, whatever. Some people even call me Sandra. Of course, I am new as evidenced by this post. I don't have some cool story about how I found this website, I just kind of came across a picture of the cool wolf-looking creauture and I wanted one. The first pet I chose was a cockatrice, but hopefully someday I can get one of those wolves. What are they called? Also I am very curious as to what animals are rare, as well as what patterns and colors are rarer so I can try to collect them. There are a lot of things to take in! It's a very complicated website, but I think I'll enjoy it. And a big thank you for those of you who just read that whole rambling paragraph. You're awesome.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-02 21:56:26 — Link

Welcome to BK! :)

True, it can be quite complicated to breed for certain genetics and colours, but that's part of the fun. There are not many other sites with such variety, detail or realism.

The wolf-like beasts are called Lykos. They're rarer than the others, and there are unique ways of getting wild ones (Tundra event every winter). Very powerful species-specific abilities, and half as many breeding points, so they can be expensive to buy.

Gryphons seem most popular lately as they had a large number of deviant (rare mutation) coats released, and lots of us are trying to collect those pretties. Unicorns are the most common overall - lots of players have managed to perfect the genes in that species.

If you want a powerful beast to get started with, I recommend going to the trades and buying any GP3 (3 green stars) unicorn with Regeneration ability. Usually lots are available cheaply. They'll have good stats for quests, crafting, and will almost never lose monster battles while exploring.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me, or use the Help forum. Plenty of us not-so-newbies are happy to help.

• Jysenya
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-03 01:22:58 — Link

Thank you!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla