A little difficult

3 votes / 30%
My pets are SUFFERING

6 votes / 60%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-02 20:46:24 — Link

I'm stuck on the Tundra, level 8, with a GP3 black unicorn with regeneration, but I can't move because the only free space in front of me is taken up by an Etelia! I've tried twice to defeat it, but to no avail. It keeps on draining 200+ HP on the second turn by freezing Elsie. I have absolutely no ideas how to defeat it. Any suggestions or experience with fighting them?

-Lisxz

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-03 07:14:41 — Link

Lisxz,

The higher the Tundra level, the stronger the monsters there are. By level 8, when Etelia can begin to appear, the monsters have gained quite a boost to their strength and are difficult to defeat. Even the oridinary monsters and guardians are insanely difficult.

My Carpos and Drakes have been my most effective explorers thanks to their Bite attack being either fire or acid breathe. While high HP, regeneration, and a good defense/dodge is good, if you can't damage the Etelia you have no chance of winning. While I have 3 Ditas, and her genes lead to a great dodge chance, her attacks aren't strong enough for her to deal enough damage to win before being taken out.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-03 16:48:49 — Link

If you want to continue with the unicorn, all I can suggest is wait a few hours (for her to regain energy) and then keep trying to get past the etelia.

It took my lykos over 20 attempts (2 days of waiting/trying) to defeat one of them, but eventually he got lucky somehow.

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-03 19:06:31 — Link

So, I'll either have to continue trying or hope that I find a portal with a different pet; one with an element opposed to ice. 

Thanks you so much for your help, Sylviianel and Marans!

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 20:23:08 — Link

Also, I found if you have a regen pet while facing an Etelia, repetitively using rush works.

• Sonatine
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-05 00:17:11 — Link

Any of the elements are equally effective; as far as I'm aware there are no elemental advantages or disadvantages on Beastkeeper. But having a powerful elemental attack can really help you win, as it will end the battle faster (and if the etelia can dish out 200hp per hit, you want to kill it quickly before it kills you). I like using lykos; they can have ice breath and still run another muscle gene like steel muscles or hound to boost their strength, which makes them great for both offence and defence. Ice spikes works great for them too, as it can give you a powerful rush that lets you avoid the etelia's ice breath.

Even my best pets sometimes get stalled by a tough etelia for hours, if not days (and I've only got a few pets that can reliably win against them, since I missed the kami events). I usually give it a couple of hours, and if they repeatedly lose, badly, then I call it quits and let them rest before exploring again. After all, I'll gather more crystalline ice by exploring multiple times and taking out easier etelias than by camping out by one at level 18 and letting it kill me for 3 days straight. I tend to avoid those that have silent pace if possible, especially if they've also got magic mirror.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla