Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Possible Exploit - Item Trading Storage

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 06:52:54 — Link

Not a bug again, but maybe something that wasn't anticipated people would do.

Items up for trade are removed from our inventory. It makes sense but quite a few people seem to be using this to bypass the inventory size limit and use it store items.

I don't know if it's intended to be okay but I would assume not.

It isn't a big issue but people are using it as a work-around of a fairly major gameplay mechanic, instead of upgrading their storage or selling unneeded items they are just hoarding items by putting them up for trade at prices no sane person would pay.

I'm not sure how to deal with this though if it is an exploit,  because there are items people genuinely don't want up for auction right now and I would hate for them to take up space. I don't to penalize people using it to really sell stuff while trying to stop people using it as free storage but I don't know how to deal with it. Maybe a fee based on the autobid fee and number of days it's up?

• n1ghtm00n
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 12:51:54 — Link

I agree with this.  I was aware that you could do this to get around the inventory limit, though at that time I was destroying or selling clay at a low price because it didn't have a use at that point. I wouldn't charge players for using the trading system, but maybe leaving it in inventory until the sale.  This is what is done for creatures up for sale.  I don't know if that would work, though, since the player may have inventory of the same type they are using for quests or building and they will want to know exactly how much they can use.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 10:14:29 — Link

I think maybe they should add a fee that is refunded when the item sells. This way, legitimate auctions would be free and useable since if the item sells you get your fee back plus the money you got for the item, but people using it as a means of storage would be screwed out of their money for some temporary space.

I'd say, they should make the fee based on the number of days an auction is put up for. Say, like, 50 silver a day or something? This would heavily discourage players from putting up items for storage purposes and would add up relatively quickly if you're doing it for a lot of items. Yet, if you legitimately want to sell an item this would hardly be an inconvinience since MOST auctions that are for legitimate purposes really only need a day or two tops since most people wont bid seriously on auctions that are longer than a few days.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-03 17:54:13 — Link

Thanks for reporting!

We will update it in a while to the same mechanism which is used with pets trades.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla