Boards < BeastEon Development Forum < Art Previews < Procedural beast patterns

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-27 20:44:09 — Link

The first experience of creating procedural patterns. The variety of simple piebald / skewbald patterns above is created by a script.

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-29 17:10:14 — Link

Will these kinds of colours be availible for other species? 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-29 23:15:38 — Link

Such generic patterns like piebaldism or spotting will be available for all species.

This is just a small preview of how piebald pattern script works. There's no difference which base to use. Unicorns have almost ideal profile pose and no additional appendages, so they are the best material for such experiments at the initial stage :) 

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 02:03:36 — Link

Will they be differant colors? For instance will the chestnut color be differant on Beasteon? Or will the colorations be the same?

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-10-21 19:12:08 — Link

Not sure that I understand the question. You can see an example of bay, black and chestnut colors on the sample gif above. The color range will be wider than here, and color genetics will be different.

• Mythz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 23:49:03 — Link

They're all so pretty!!

Stop animal Abuse!! And scroll down for cute GIF's!Image result for cute animated cat gifsImage result for cute animal gifsImage result for cute animal gifsImage result for cute animal gifsImage result for cute gifs

Image result for cute anime dog gifsImage result for cute anime dog gifsImage result for cute animated cat gifs

Image result for tiger gifs

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 23:52:44 — Link

Ok, thanks. Sorry I wasn't quite sure how to word it.

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

• Jazsam8
  • User

Posted at 2017-02-08 07:42:22 — Link

So will each pibald skin have a diiferent pibald look, or will it be different? (as in where the patches are or how much they cover)

• anger28
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-31 19:29:08 — Link

Angel (#3) wrote:

The first experience of creating procedural patterns. The variety of simple piebald / skewbald patterns above is created by a script.

When are you going to revamp these to look like the new adult unicorns? I love the new design and would like to see it in these colors.

~ anger28

animated gif images 

This Cat Says: Why didn't they swarm Cousin Bill? Why ME?!

animated gif images

This Cat Says: You think this is funny, hooman? YOU SHALL PAY.

animated gif images

PUT THIS ON YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE AGAINST ANIMAL ABUSE!!!

70% of the world thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, "Starclan is out for revenge!”

92% of girls would cry if Justin Beiber fell off a cliff. 7% of girls would jump off the cliff with him. Put this in your signature is you are the 1% of girls who would have been  the one to push himm off the cliff.

Warrior Cats Movie!!!

beastkeeper.com/thread/10462

Spirit Animals:

https://beastkeeper.com/playhoot/329 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-05-31 20:47:07 — Link

These are not static hand drawn patterns that need to be redrawn and moved to the new base. The script generates a new pattern on each call so the result is different each time. The demo shows just a small sample of possible outcomes. It works with any base producing the same type of spots and doesn't require revamping :) 

• Quibli
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-24 22:59:23 — Link

Beautiful

Love animals, stop animal abuse.

WINGS OF FIRE IS THE MOST AMAZING SERIES IN THE WORLD

I SUPPORT MOONBLI, WINTERWATCHER GO HOME TO THE ICEKINGDOM WHERE YOUR PRESUMED DEAD...please.. for me

• yecak
  • User

Posted at 2018-02-14 02:28:49 — Link

Will there be devients?

In war truth is the first casualty - A Goodman 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-02-14 04:14:36 — Link

yecak (#47672) wrote:

Will there be devients?

No, only occasional unheritable mutations. Deviant skins are redundant in a new system where beast images are dynamic.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla