Boards < General < Creative < Sun_Showers' Colouring Book

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Sun_Showers
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-18 08:43:09 — Link

Edit:

I had no internet for a very long time, but it's back and I''m happy to be playing Beastkeeper again!

I am willing to accept commissions. If you want to commission I will ask you to provide reference pictures of what you want. I need a reference for every part of the beast that can be seen in the skin. I am willing to accept payment in the form of silver, building materials, rare items, good pets, what ever you can pay me with.

I am also willing to accept suggestions. If you make a suggestion and I end up using it, I will credit you in the skin's description as well as sent you a PM notifying you.

~Unicorn~

Thomson's Unicorn

Based on the Thomson's gazelle (Eudorcas thomsonii).

Australian Draught Unicorn

Based on an Australian Draught Horse.

Quaggicorn

Based on the quagga (Equus quagga quagga).

Snow Capped Appaloocorn

Based on a Snow Capped Appaloosa.

Commissioned by ChaseTurnleaf.

*Note: My first commission! The first time I've traded any of my artworks. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, so it was pretty confidence building.

~Dragon~

Fire Salamandragon

Based on the fire salamander (Salamandra salamandra).

*Note: My first skin. Making skins was pretty touch-and-go for a while because I had never done work like this before, so I've had to figure out how to use my art programs as I went along. The improvements I've already made so quickly are morale boosting.

Dog-Faced Water Dragon

Based on the dog-faced water snake. (Cerberus rynchops)

Thanks to Selune for the inspiration.

*Note: This one is 200 silver instead of 100. Because I did more than just colour it, I drew scales on it. It took a few tries to get right, but I'm really happy with them. Look at these scales! I'm so proud!

~Gryphon~

Crimson Rose

Based on the crimson rosella (Platycercus elegans).

~Puma~

Blue Shepherd

Based on a Blue merle Australian Shepherd dog.

Galactix Puma

*Note: I made this to practice iridescence for the European Starmurgh futher down. Sparkly!

~Cockatrice~

Red-sided Gartertrice

Based on the California Red-sided Gartersnake (Thamnophis sirtalis infernalis).

~Roc~

Yellowfin Roc

Based on the yellowfin tuna (Thunnus albacares).

*Note: The Roc base is my least favorite. I dislike the way the main body lacks feather detail. If I ever make another, I'd want to either alter this base by drawing in feathers or just make a new base entirely.

~Symurgh~

Syprey

Based on the osprey (Pandion haliaetus).

Thanks to Selune for the inspiration.

*Note:  I've heard so many nice things about this one from people. It took almost an hour more than most things I draw, so I'm glad the effort paid off.

Red-Masked Symurgh

*Note: People tell me they love my skins because of their use of realistic designs and that makes me happy, but it's nice to make fantasy skins too.

Northern Symicker 

Based on the northern flicker (Colaptes auratus).

Specifically on the subspecies the red-shafted flicker (Colaptes auratus cafer).

Commissioned by Sumatra_Echo.

European Starmurgh

Based on the European starling (Sturnus vulgaris).

Commissioned by Monues.

*Note: Might be the most difficult skin I've done. But it's sooo pretty, so I'm happy.

~Throdama~

Peacock Mantis Throdama

Based on the peacock mantis shrimp (Odontodactylus scyllarus).

*Note: RAINBOWS!

~Lykos~

Sunshine Lykos

Barn Swallykos

Based on the barn swallow (Hirundo rustica).

~Rejected~

Galactix Unicorn

I guess there are already too many star themed unicorn skins.

Striped White Empyrean Unicorn

I guess it's tapered legs look nothing like hooves?

~My Skins~

I keep my thread in creative up to date. Please check it out if you want to see and critique the custom skins I've made.

~My Experience During My First Event: A Thank You~

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-27 02:26:50 — Link

Hey, what if you tried putting real dogs into lykoses? Like a german shepherd lykos, like the Blue Shepherd Puma, but a lykos. Just a sugestion.

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla