Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Custom Skin Voting

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• ForestPixie
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 01:15:53 — Link

If you're an artist and have been submitting skins, or if you have been using rainbow jars to give your pets special coats, you've probably noticed that the amount of custom skins is getting larger and larger-even in the beta version. If, like we currently are, continue at this rate, we're going to have hundreds or maybe even thousands of skins soon...so I came up with this idea.

My idea is to have players "vote" the best coats out of every day/week/month...the time is up to the game to decide. The top coats are submitted in thegame, and the others are sent back with a small consolation prize. However, you may be wondering why people would want to vote. i have  solution to this.

We could offer a small amount of silver per vote to make players want to help. It could be any amount, though I recommend keeping it fairly small. Also, there should be a voting limit per day to prevent abuse.

Any other ideas/improvements/suggestions? Anything is helpful.

Hi!

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 04:34:22 — Link

Alternate sugestion:

standard order at random, or latest submitted first, but give an option to sort them by most used (and maybe with a voting system, the top rated)

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-02 10:07:59 — Link

Support.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 13:44:06 — Link

I'm not really sure I like this idea - I prefer SpaceShipRats suggestion of it being random. I really don't want the sort of negativity that could come from favouritism. Artists with lots of friends would be at an advantage.

* Winter is coming *

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 15:50:57 — Link

Random is simply good because otherwise the easlyer and most popular skins would always be used.

Having them be random gives the new skins and the rest a fair chance. But it would be cool to be able to sort them by popularity.

• ForestPixie
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 18:33:04 — Link

Actually...to be honest I like SpaceShipRat's idea better than my own xD

Hi!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:44:14 — Link

I like SpaceShipRat's idea too... I mean... I know that I'm not the best artist... ot even close... I'd feel bad and not want to do any skins :/

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:19:06 — Link

SpaceShipRat's idea makes sense to me as well :3

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla