Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < New Blueprints: Resource Producing Buildings

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 23:03:03 — Link

I would actually think, even hope, something like this is already planned but I'm going to make this thread anyway.

But wouldn't it be nice to make buildings that, instead of relying entirely on gathering, would make a small amount of a resource (the materials you find when you gather) every day? I sure think so anyway.

For game balance reasons it would have to be costly. I'm thinking fairly expensive to really get going because once they are built they could generate stuff for free. They would require quite a bit of the resource they generate or other resources to build, as well as money. They could also have tiers, like the other buildings, I'm thinking one resource per level for the gathering materials, so around 1-4 a day, and 10 per level for the food. (Since we can have far more pets than that would feed the high numbers seem fair enough, could maybe even be more.)

They could also require us hire NPC staff, 50 silver a day, and they would work there and make/gather stuff. Alternatively they could be staffed by a pet that would work there for a set number of hours every day and then you would be given the resource.

Anyway, on to the ideas.

Resources:
Mine- Gathers ore, rare chance of finding lazulite, magnetite, and adamantine
Quarry - Gathers stone, semi-rare chance of finding granite and marble, rare chance of finding quartz
Clay Pit - Gathers clay, very rare chance of finding amethyst and ruby in the muck
Quay - Equal chance of gathering cuttlefish, coral, and shells, semi-rare chance of finding laminaria
Field - Gathers cotton, semi-rare chance of producing hops, very rare chance of finding amethyst  and ruby flowers
Lumber Mill - Gathers wood, semi-rare chance of finding wild wheat, soybeans, honey, and sunflowers in the woods, rare chance of finding soapshroom

Semi-rare or uncommon items have around a 30% chance of being found, rare items around 5%, and very rare have 1%

Vermillion cannot be gathered, along with any blueprints or magical items

Food:
Apiary - Produces honey
Wheat Farm - Wheat
Soybean Farm - Soybeans
Sunflower Field - Sunflower seeds
Pig Pen - Pork
Rabbit Hutch - Rabbit Meat

Food buildings always only produce their resource, but produce more of it.

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 09:10:03 — Link

Oh gosh, I totally support this :3

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:56:30 — Link

Support!

Anyone know of the game Heroes of Might and Magic? I've played five of them (waiting on the sixth) and this is by far one of the best parts of it.

I agree that it would have to be quite costly, but I thihnk this is a wonderful idea... maybe for the sake of game play only have two or three structures active at a time to avoid excess in surplus? Maybe even have pets have to do the work (not sure how reasonable this is) but they each need to have a certain level, or maybe a trait... like needing agile paws to work with the bees.... And you have to physically click "mine/extract" every day so it doesn't just happen automatically... this ensures that you are invested in acrueing resources and not just gaining surplus to sell or whatever (I mean you can, but you're at least going to be dedicated about it and spend more time on the site).

Support

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:34:10 — Link

We like this idea a lot. However it will be hard to balance the mines at once and our community takes balance changes painfully.

But we have another resource-giving concept.

We offer to introduce Golems. Every resource will have its personal Golem which will produce this resource. To construct a Golem, you will need to find its recipe first (just like with the normal buildings). Golems will have a limited lifespan and produce twice as much resources as you spent on the construction. For example, Clay Golem requires 10 Clay to be constructed and lives 10 days producing 2 Clay per day. User can construct as much Golems as he wants at the same time.

It will be quite easy to code. The main time consumer here is golem art. We will create several first Golems ourselves, and then I think the time will come to utilize the suggestion to make a contest which will offer users to draw the rest of the Golems.

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:38:57 — Link

I love Angel's idea, mostly because it doesn't permanently give free resuorces (which might kill the economy), instead it gives you a fair reward for doing it, but also because golems are cool.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 05:09:43 — Link

i like the golem concepte, enspecialy the art involved. support the leaked info x3

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:50:41 — Link

Golems sound like fun! I can totally see these images!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• GloriousGoat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:12:50 — Link

I love the golem concept too. I'd also love to try making art for them >_>

• EnvyAlakye
  • User

Posted at 2014-01-21 10:54:53 — Link

I like this concept a lot, it would make life so much easier

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper