Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #58

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-08-10 01:08:47 — Link

Exhibitions Report

The 31st exhibition "Gold Fever" has ended. 210 Beastlords have applied their pets to compete for the prize.

Now it is time to announce the winners!

1. Monues (#19564) - 585 points
  2. Shadowjester (#12934) - 564 points
  3. Karakurt (#14332) - 541 points
  4. lamel (#22229) - 488 points
  5. Sylviianel (#27850) - 402 points

Check the winning rosters here

Defect Demonstrations

Written by Sylviianel

Pets with genetic conditions have been studied by various organizations so that they can learn from them and develop ways to overcome the disabilities. No group has found more use for these pets than the Muncipal Hospital who can test new medical procedures on the beasts. With new breakthroughs just around the corner, the hospital is having a funding dilemma that is affecting their current research.

The Neurology Department within the hospital wishes to use Slow-Minded Gryphons in their research to enhance memory retention and fight the debilitiating effects of Alzheimer's in aging patients.

The Intensive Care Department within the hospital wants to use Lykos with Weak Muscles to develop a method of strengthing the muscles of immobile patients who have grown weak from their bedridden state.

While these are both noble causes, the hospital only has it within its budget to focus on one area of research at the moment. The hospital's board has decided to allow both departments a week to gather support for their causes from the Beastlords of the land.

Which department do you believe should receive the funding for their research? There are 7 days for Beastlords to volunteer their own pets over at the Quests tab to help out with the research for each department so they can make their case to the board. The Neurology Department is looking for Gryphons with high Constitution who are Slow-Minded, while the Intensive Care Department is looking for Brave Lykos with Weak Muscles. The species that assists its corresponding department the most will be rewarded by Muncipal Hospital with cheaper genetic research for a week.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-10 01:40:30 — Link

Angel, while I originally wrote the quest-event to include Lykos I see that the actual quest is asking for Gryphons with Weak Muscles. Shouldn't that be changed here? Or is the quest wrong?

Intensive Care Department is looking for a brave (69) Gryphon with Weak muscles to develop a method of strengthing the muscles of immobile patients who have grown weak from their bedridden state
Reward: 4000

The Neurology Department is looking for a tough (60) Gryphon with Slow-minded to help with the research to enhance memory retention and fight the debilitiating effects of Alzheimer's in aging patients
Reward: 3500

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-08-10 07:30:38 — Link

Sylviianel, I'm very sorry, this is my mistake in event confguration. I upadted it to the correct species, but the mistake will stay for quests that were already created for today. Players who didn't manage to visit Quests tab today yet, will get the correct species today too.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-10 07:45:14 — Link

Angel, does this mean that the Lykos will be a day behind now in the event since they will not be able to compete today for users who have already visited their Quests tab? Or will the Quest-Event run an extra day to make up for this?

Through the ajax-pet-search I can see that there are 1,019 Gryphons with a dominat  Weak Muscles gene while there are 353 Lykos with it. There are 1,004 Gryphons with a dominant Slow-Minded gene. I must not have checked with ajax when writing the Quest-Event or else I would have chosen a more evenly matched pair. I'll be keeping this in mind for future writing competitions here on BK.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-08-10 07:56:30 — Link

The quests with Weak Muscles Gryphons are still counted towards Intensive Care Department. The mistake was in species but the faction was correct, so Lykos got a small boost from the more widespread Gryphons.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla