Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Fight all/Cancel all option for groups

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-13 15:12:48 — Link

I would like to have the ability to fight or cancel fights by group instead of needing to do it individually. This would save time for people with lots of pets to fight and also substantially reduce the risk of sending a pet to the pound or elsewhere by accident.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-13 16:28:40 — Link

Been waiting for this. Maybe make it a premium feature. I feel like people need more incentive to get a premium account... From a game mechanics standpoint anyway. 

We need more critters to battle... But we can't have everyone putting everything up to battle- since it requires human contact to actually battle. That way battles would still happen.

Thoughts? I think we need this mass option. Just not sure how giving everyone access would affect game mechanics. But love this idea.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-13 16:50:40 — Link

I don't see how having it be easier to send pets to the arena would change the game balance because fights automatically happen every 15 minutes anyway.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-13 19:19:09 — Link

Ack, apologies. I guess I was unclear.... and I am sorry that my phone has made a mess of the post with random HTML... 

I mean that it would incetivise premium accounts more, since there are only a few things that are quite workaroundable that make premium accounts desirable. It would still encourage people to manually battle, as well as automatcally. I forgot that the fights happen automatically- it's been awhile since I've put pets in the arena (mostly because it is such a pain to go through all my pets). Taking into consideration autobattles at 15 minutes I guess it would not matter as much. I had not thought about that. Maybe a cap on how many we can put in with mass additions? Hmm... I think that sounds a bit silly and overly complicated. I'm just thinking out loud right now. Your idea sounds better, ignore my musings. o.0

I would also like to suggest that we move the button to submit pets to battle. It is too close to the "pound" button and many people have accidentally pounded pets for this reason. I've gotten PM's from people asking me to help find the pets, unfortunantly I do not have that capability. The warning messages are also very similar. Perhaps if we had the option to "mass battle" then we could 

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-13 21:23:03 — Link

For that matter, I don't think the fight button really needs a warning because it's easy to cancel if you hit that one by accident.

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-18 07:42:59 — Link

Yeah, I agree about that warning. 

"Fight on Arena" and "Send to Pound" buttons are right next to each other -- and both of them give the exact same warning when used. Dunno about the rest of you, but that always makes me worried that I misclick... Would be nice if only the pound gave a warning, there's no need for it when sending pets to battle.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-18 10:07:10 — Link

I agree on all points raised here.

- The warning for battling is unncessary, so this would make it easier not to acceidentally pound pets. 
- I very much like the idea of one button to send all pets in a group to battle.
- Making this a Premium feature would be indeed another nice incentive for people to get premium.

• Gryphonfire
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-21 03:16:06 — Link

I would totally love the group enter battles button. I'm not huge on the premium feature only. Although the reason is that i don't have a premium account so the update would be pointless to me. Or at least until i figure out much people are willing to sell them for silver/obtain that much.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-21 05:51:27 — Link

Yeah... There doesn't seem to be a huge incentive to get premium... Though not having premium, I can see how these people are keen on making it a feature for everyone. From a game balance standpoint we need to add more value to the gold coin and the premium account so that people will actually desire premium.

I'm torn and open to hearing it from both sides. Each can have great points. I wonder if there is a good middle ground??

• Gryphonfire
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-23 05:34:05 — Link

Truthfully, I feel making this a premium option is completely fair. Something that is work-around-able but a pain in the (insert word i am not sure i am allowed to say) if you don't have have the premium. Gives incentive to buy premium but doesn't make someone unable to enjoy the game. That is what premium accounts should be in my opinion.

From a professional (I can't think of a good word) standpoint i say go for it, if code and tiime allows. From a non-premium member standpoint, it doesn't hurt the way i play at all so i won't dislike it if it gets added. I just won't be excited as it doesn't affect me. (although the message needs to change from battles and pound, I really don't want to accidently send someone to the pound)

I, actually, really want premium, only i don't want to pay RL money for it. I made a 'don't spend the money' rule with myself when the last site i spent RL money on closed (so basically i lost everything i spent money on). I work extra to get more regular site currency that i can trade with people to get the premium items.

Like i said, i want the premium account, I just refuse to have the money to get it.  I want that shortcut in explore (so tedious), the search all pets thing, and will probably want the maneuvers thing for the battlefield. The full genealogy thing actually really really really irks me that it isn't available to everyone. At least let people see their own pets full geneology and hide others if you must. This is a breeding game, we're (at least me) mainly here to make pretty pedigrees for our favorite pets. I've been planing on making a post about it sometime when i started having 2nd or 3rd gen pets where i would like to see that pedigree. In that post i was gonna give some ideas about other premium bonuses thoughts i had. So that way it doesn't just feel like i am complaining about unjust fairness and all that. xP

I got off topic a little XD The important bits are the first and second paragraph.

• FalconWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-27 22:47:10 — Link

"For that matter, I don't think the fight button really needs a warning because it's easy to cancel if you hit that one by accident."

I agree with this idea.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-28 15:39:33 — Link

lol i sent a pet to pound once by accident, it was horrible XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-08-29 01:14:05 — Link

Agreed on not needing a warning for fighting. That makes me paranoid...

Premium isn't terribly hard to acheive for active members though, Placing in the weekly chart allots you 10g. And referrals are another 10g. If your active in trade, breeding, or battles then, yes it will take time, but it is not unacheivable for serious players. And new players need not feel left out because of their free limited premium. Premium features should be things that do not exclude non premium members from game play- but maybe enhance certain parts of gameplay.... Like battling. Once you have premium it may be easier to keep up with as well.

I've never paid money for any site. And I've been playing for at least 8 years now? I never felt left out because I was always active and invested enough to easily make up for it in normal game play. :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla