Boards < General < Help < What to feed?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 00:36:54 — Link

So I was thinking about starting to adjust the amounts of feed for my pets. I was wondering however how to best go about this. Do I give them things to make them better in the fields they're already good in or is it better to make them well-rounded? Or are there certain stats you ignore while others are a must-have? What is your strategy and why?

if there is a thread about this already I would be grateful if you could link me to it (and apologies for being blind if that's the case). Thank you!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 05:16:19 — Link

This is my strategy...

I like to increase the stats that my pet is lacking first, by taking from what they are good in (unless they have high constitution and I really need a pet with 60 constitution... then I'm going all out).

However the going is slow. I've been trying to up this guys intelligence for forever.. This is where I am at:

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/749

Because he is slow-minded his intelligence is always decreased by 25%... so he doesn't tend to make too much progress. But I don't want him to be super lacking either. He's well rounded in most other areas so I feel okay maxing out his animal carbs. The other stats I rotate around so that he doesn't become deficient in any one thing. I really want him to breed and battle, so I do keep his strength up. I do need to work on his agility though.

It depends on what you are looking for I guess. If you are trying to craft something, battle, or breed. I say you should increase the stats you are looking for, but don't forget about the ones they are lacking in.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 07:16:30 — Link

I do the opposite of you, Nightingale. If you're breeding for battling, every -% is a loss in total stats, while every +% is a gain. I put no points in the decreased stat, and max out it's complementaries as much as possible. These are in the faq somewhere, for example, STR + COURAGE = Damage, (0 + 60) is the same as (30 + 30). Now if you put 0 into STR, you're going to be squishy because defence also depends STR and CON. So then you shift around some points to fix the deficiency. 

Max Str, Int, and Intuition (1 in rest) gives the same result as 3 in everything, which gives the same as max Agi, Courage, Con (1 in rest). Also you can choose to boost four stats to 4 stars, and leave the other two low - as long as the two you decrease aren't complements. It'll make your pet weaker in certain aspects, but the weakness is spread out as much as possible. This way you can boost things you want (like + dodge to increase effect of dodge genes). Just find some combination that supports your pet's genes.

If all stats are normal, default setup is good so that the pet can do all your crafting/building/questing needs.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 11:40:01 — Link

You both brought up great points, thanks for your answers :D 

I remember seeing the part about the complimentary stats somewhere, I'll have to go look for that again and then look at my pets again. The problem is I'm not entirely sure what to do with most of my pets, so finding a focus will be a bit challenging for me, but I'm feeling more confident now than before that I'll get it eventually xD

EDIT: I found the part in the FAQ about the complimentary stats if anyone else is interested.

• Defence depends on Constitution and Strength
  • Damage depends on Courage and Strength
  • Accurancy depends on Agility and Intelligence
  • Dodge depends on Agility and Intuition
  • Critical Chance depends on Courage and Intuition
  • Anti-Critical Chance depends on Constitution and Intelligence

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 19:27:55 — Link

I work pretty much as Aelisk does, increasing the best stats and taking away from the worst ones, with a few differences. I don't take complementary stats into account, sticking solely to which stats are green or red to guide my decision. And, no matter what, I always have five stars on Strength, because Strength is what increases the amount of breedings and that's always important to me.

#33507 on Aywas

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 21:31:44 — Link

for me, i tend to feed my pets on anything that they have green, and starve them on anything red (unless it's strength, as i dont want to limit breedings completely), in this way, i feel i make the most of the stat bonuses while minimising the damage of the neg ones

• Tearex
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 03:16:26 — Link

Quote: "And, no matter what, I always have five stars on Strength, because Strength is what increases the amount of breedings and that's always important to me."

Can you really increase the max breeding # on a pet by upping Strength? I thought breedings were calculated from base strength/genetics.

Re: food allocation...I don't change my pets' feeding habits unless I know I want to battle them or make them a main explorer. When I do, I favor the pet's lower stats to increase overall stat growth.

When I get some better genes on my pets, I might try allocating food to enhance their effect, instead of offsetting negative stats.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-09 18:51:10 — Link

yes you can up the amount of breedings, since the breedings are related to how much strength they have, so as the strength rises with the levels, so does the amount of breedings the pet can have

• Tearex
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-09 20:40:10 — Link

Aha, then I will alter my strategy a bit. Thanks for this!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla