Boards < General < Help < removing degeneration?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• fireburst.star
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 04:16:34 — Link

is it possible to 'breed out' degeneration eventually?

because i got a pet in the pound with one degeneration star, and i was wondering if her descendants would eventually have no degeneration stars.

"But loyalty isn't rooted in friendship. It's much stronger than that. It comes from being born and raised under the same sky, from walking the same path as our ancestors, and from sharing the warrior code. With this life I commit you to upholding the warrior code, whatever challenges you might face. This is the wisdom of our ancestors, all our traditions distilled. Trust the code to lead you along the right path."

- Erin Hunter, Tallstar's Revenge

~~

“Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."

- Erin Hunter, Into The Wild

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 10:29:44 — Link

Yes, I bred my deviant roc who had 1 degen, and her child had none. So it is possible, hope this helped! :P

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

• fireburst.star
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 10:31:30 — Link

yeah, thanks!

"But loyalty isn't rooted in friendship. It's much stronger than that. It comes from being born and raised under the same sky, from walking the same path as our ancestors, and from sharing the warrior code. With this life I commit you to upholding the warrior code, whatever challenges you might face. This is the wisdom of our ancestors, all our traditions distilled. Trust the code to lead you along the right path."

- Erin Hunter, Tallstar's Revenge

~~

“Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."

- Erin Hunter, Into The Wild

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-23 01:29:15 — Link

http://beastkeeper.com/faq -- Ctrl + F "How to avoid Degneration"

FAQ

A child gets a Degeneration grade when it is inbred. This means that its parents are relatives within 3 generations. This will result in getting negative genes which parents do not have and the increase of the genetic power of negative genes which they have already. Degeneration grade can't be removed from the pet which already has it but you can decrease or remove it for the future offsprings of this pet by choosing the second parent wisely.

Degeneration always increases or decreases by one grade (except the case of normal breeding and no Degeneration in parents). If the parents aren't close relatives, the Degeneration grade of their child will decrease by 1. If the parents are relatives within 3 generations, the Degeneration grade of their child will increase by 1, the base will be the highest Degeneration grade of the parents.

So pretty much: as long as you don't breed it with something it's related to, then the degeneration will lower till there is none left.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla