Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < bug/ server error?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• visenna
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-12 21:24:06 — Link

A few times I came across ths error: when I go to battlefield everything is ok, but when I start a fight with another squad all beast keeper stops working for a few minutes (of course the time for the fight is over during this lag). It looks like some server error maybe?

Also after game changed servers, searching through breeding offers takes very long time time before it finally shows males with chosen characteristics. the same is with showing next sites of results - it takes a lot of time before the sites swich. it was much faster before, the offers was shown almost instantly.

visenna

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-13 21:05:58 — Link

Thank you for reporting!

Could you please specify what do you mean by "stops working"? The site hangs in infinite load, or loads a blank page, or browser shows some error (if this is the case, could you please copy the text / make a screenshot of that error), something else? Our coder spent the night digging the logs but didn't find anything suspicious. It doesn't look like our code or server. We suspect that there may be a problem on the hosting level, but right now we don't have any data that we can provide them to identify the issue.

It would be super helpful if you could run a trace route to beastkeeper.com at the moment when the site is unavailable, made a screenshot of the log and sent it to us. If this is a hosting problem, the log would show on which node it happens.

How to run trace route on Windows 

How to run trace route on Windows 10 

Concerning the long search queries, I'm afraid there's no cure for this. The more pets we have, the longer the queries will be. This is an architectural problem of a relational database (MySQL) which is used on BeastKeeper. This is also one of the reasons why we're creating a new game from scratch right now instead of refactoring and optimizing this one.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

• TamerOfDragons
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-18 12:07:55 — Link

I have a similar problem: From time to time, the servers seem to take their time for at least 2 minutes - if not more - to finally respond to my action. I had it happen twice today that the connection to the server didn't work, although everyting else on the internet works.

What could be the problem behind that? Btw: I'm a rather new player from Germany.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-18 18:59:32 — Link

TamerOfDragons, unfortunately, with only this description it's not possible to tell on which end the problem occurs. It could be either somewhere on your ISP, any of the intermediate servers from you to us, or on the level of our hosting provider. Could you please run "tracert beastkeeper.com" command from your command line when the site is unavailable, and post a screenshot? This will show which node ails and where the packages are lost.

• TamerOfDragons
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-21 20:36:27 — Link

It happened just a few moments ago again and I ran said command with my PC. Here's the result (see attached file below).

Sorry, that the first result is in German but it says that the hostname - which is this site's domain - couldn't be reversed into an IP address. For reference, I ran the same command when the site is working.

@Angel

Maybe you can black out all the sensitive data in the attached file because I kinda went a bit hasty when this problem occured...

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-21 23:44:13 — Link

TamerOfDragons, thank you so much! This is exactly what we needed. Now we know that this is the DNS fault. We're looking into it right now.

Update: we have our NS servers changed. Please let us know if you will encounter the same problems again.

• TamerOfDragons
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-03 18:54:44 — Link

I just got the problem again... Somehow the DNS servers seem to be itching right again, or am I mistaken?

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla