Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Arena Tournament

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• PantherSeal
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-21 15:20:52 — Link

Just thinking that it seems that people want another way to get specialty items that right now only can be gotten from the portle. Also another use for the 50 level pets besides the battle field  as only so many can be on there.

A once weekly best of the best arena fight.(Not sure how often) The fights are automatic. It takes ten energy to enter but each individual battle doesn't require any. Double elimination so after the second loss your pet is out. The winner gets a chest of silver and a random item like those that you get from the portal and (maybe) a mark on there page. Possibly seperate them into species and/or GP and then have the top ines fight each other.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-21 20:48:51 — Link

I really like this idea. It will promote players to breed really high quality pets that will be able to compete better in the tournament.

The owners will submit their pet and match ups would be selected randomly by the server, or something like that? If allowed to choose who they battle against many people will pick the weakest pet they see to battle theirs againsts. That doesnt really show off the skills and strength of the pet when you took your Gp3 pet and picked out the Gp0 pets to battle.

I also think there should be a seperate class for each species, a best of cockatrice, best of dragon, best puma, ect instead of one top pet out the (currently) 665,008 grand total of pets. Once a month sounds about right as nine special items introduced a month doesnt sound too bad.

There is one species I think should not be allowed to participate though, the kami. For a few reasons, like how their characteristics and genes give an unfair advantage when compared to regular species. But if each species get their own class, and kami fight against kami, then this isnt too worrisome.
The other reason, the tournament should show off the progress a breeder has made with their species, how strong and powerful they have developed their line to be. They get to test out their lines in the tournament, and even be rewarded for all their effort. A kami isnt bred, it wasnt strenuously developed generation after generation by a breeder, it just wouldnt really belong in the tournament.

As for a mark on their page, if this becomes a thing, badge icons can be made to put in the pet's profiles. Much like the ribbons made for exhibitations.

*Edited to fix mistakes made while typing with phone*

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-21 21:11:01 — Link

I definitely support this. It would really motivate people to breed better bloodlines, and fight on the arena more.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-25 05:13:24 — Link

This would be a great addition. It would promote the breeding of genes that only have an effect on the characteristics of the pet without adding a maneuver or tactic, like steel muscles, or on attack like sharp claws. I feel like those are less interesting than the genes that are usefull on the battlfield at the moment.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-03 06:27:42 — Link

Neat idea, though won't it just mean that one, or a few, player would win them, consecutively?

For example, since I've been focusing on Cockatrices, I have a handful that are top tier; so I enter them and win; I then just enter it again the next month, or one of it's relatives, with the same genetics, and it'll likely win again, since the genetics have been shown to likely win; rinse and repeat. -- This is viable, especially for pets that aren't really popular.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-04 02:40:02 — Link

Hmm...I can think of a solution to that Wireath. Competing and winning the tournament was so taxing on the body and mind that both the pets and the beastmaster must take a time to recover. The top winners of the previous tournament wont be able to compete in the next tournament because they are still recovering. 

This would keep the previous winners from winning again right away, and give other players some time to develop their lines more. Though this would only really be ideal if the tournaments were fairly frequent. Sure players could trade their pets to another player and have them win then send back the prize and pets, but this could be easily caught.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-04 03:11:41 — Link

That would still put it at every other tourney -- Win one, can't just the next, win the one after, repeat.

Also, breeding could take a couple of months to achieve, so it could take awhile, before there are any competitors show to contest an already experienced / well-bred pet/line.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-04 08:47:58 — Link

So then to make it fair, every person can only win once then thats it? Nothing, forever there after? I can only see numerous flaws with that. I'd explain them fully but im in a mood right now and would come off as more rude than I am now. 

The prize is one item, a single special item that won't break the game and wont give anyone any real advantage if they win just once or five times in a row, and it wont be missed it if they dont win it. Sure it would have been nice to get it, but it wont break anyones game if they dont get it. Im not seeing how this is really a problem.

If one player keeps winning then it is more encounragment for everyone else to breed their pets to be even better and overthrow them (or they give up like a pansy, hide under the covers, and hoard all the tissues because not getting that one pink fish egg really broke their spirit). The tournament shouldnt be easy, as if anyone with an average skilled pet will be able to take home the prize. The players who have spent months breeding and perfecting their pets through countless generations, then they put their pet to the test in the tournament and it proves the line's power, those players should be the ones winning.

Unless everyone is outright banned from ever competing again after just one win, theres always going to be a chance that someone will be able to take the prize multiple times in a row. No one's reign can last forever anyways. It's just like at the battlefield portal. Someone with the perfect team can hold it for days, but it's only a matter of time before an even stronger team comes along and kicks them off.

All this is under the assumption that players will only be able to pick one species to compete with in each tournament. Such as if they chose dragon, they will only be able to enter their dragons and only have a chance at the dragon species prize.

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-05 03:39:55 — Link

I think the situation would end up being very similar to the current Battlefield situation: the board is dominated by just a few people, and for everyone else it's an uphill battle just to advance a couple spaces toward the portal. 

So what if there was a handicap given to the winner of the last tournament, like, say, having all pets entered by them in the next tournament given a 50% reduction in all characteristics? The tournament after that it would only be a 40% reduction, etc., until after several weeks, the characteristics would be back at normal rates. This means that person would still be able to participate, but it would be harder to net back-to-back wins. Any thoughts?

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-05 06:41:21 — Link

There we go, handicaps XD

Yeah, that would make it more fair; something like overconfidence, where every time you win, you get more overconfident, thus leading to bad judgement for the next tourney/batle. Only way to lower it would be to lose, may be X amount for each win you get.

There could also be two types: one for Winning and one for breeding -- This way, if there is one for each species, you'll still have a handicap for the species.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-05 08:37:03 — Link

Ah yes a handicap would be good. But if someone competes with their dragons last tournament and next one they want to test out their pumas, will their pumas also be effected or just the dragons? 

Poor pantherseal, we completly took over their original idea xD

• PantherSeal
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-05 17:04:30 — Link

It is still the same basic idea and yall are just making it better and more usable.

The dragons and pumas fight in different tournaments so I think it would be just the species that won that would get the handicap.

How does a 10% handicap for winning with an added 5% if you are the breeder sound. So after winning with a bred pet you would get a 15% handicap for next tournament. Lets say you managed to win the next tournament with another of your bred pets you are now at 30% handicap. But if you do not win then your handicap decreases by only 5%. If you lost the third mtournament you would be at a 25% handicap for the next one. Also the additional breeding handicap anly applies if you are also the one to own it at the tournament. If I sold a unicorn to one of yall and it won I wouldn't have won so there is no added handicap on any of my unicorns for the next time as I haven't won anything.

Also any pet that wins would no longer be able to enter the tournament after that. So that evertime you win to be able to win again you have to have another pet that is good enough. Then someone with one really awsome pet can't win every time thier handicap goes below a certain percent.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-05 20:13:58 — Link

So far it seems like the tournament is to encourage people to breed amazing pets, but if an extra handicap is placed on the breeder that instead encourages players to buy someone else's pet instead of improve their own lines. It could encourage more sell and trade of good pets, but not if players end up sitting around waiting for everyone else to do the breeding. Im not sure about that...I like the possibility of more pets in the market, but the tournament should be encouraging breeders to breed and improve their own pets.

Then theres some pets who were bred before that breeder tag change and have "unknown" as their breeder.  Should they count as the breeder's or not?

If pets are allowed to win only once then there needs to be a way to tell that on their page. Maybe around the area where it says age and gender and whatnot. It could simply be "Tournament Win: yes/no". Because lets say I buy a pet just to enter the tournament with it. But it ends up that it has previously won and now I have a pet I payed a lot for that cant do the one thing I wanted it to.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-07 04:39:17 — Link

Monues (#19564) wrote:

Ah yes a handicap would be good. But if someone competes with their dragons last tournament and next one they want to test out their pumas, will their pumas also be effected or just the dragons? 

Wireath (#22186) wrote:

There could also be two types: one for Winning and one for breeding -- This way, if there is one for each species, you'll still have a handicap for the species.

That should answer that. (Though the breeding one should be species.)

Ex. You join the Dragon Tourney and win = You get two 'overconfidence counter': winning tourney and species (maybe =5% stats each?)

if you want to join a new tourney, like Pumas, you'll start with the Winning handicap, so you're less likely to win back to back, even if you join a different one. -- If you join Dragons again, you'll start with both, winning and species.

I'm also thinking the two handicaps should be different: something like: Winning resets to zero if you lose, while Species lowers by one. (Reason for the difference being, people may complain there's too much of a punishment for winning.)
--------------------

Anyways, I'm thinking Panther means keeper, rather then breeder.

As for the one tourney per pet bit; doesn't really seem important, to me. reason being, most people that bred the pet would have a line of it, so they can just continue breeding pets with the same / similar genetics.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• PantherSeal
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-15 19:42:56 — Link

The reason that I think that a pet should only be able to win once is that if they are fighting arena style is that someone could use alot of magic fruit to increase one pet's stats. Making it better than any normal pet. That can stilll be done but if they want to win again then they will have to focus on another pet.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla