Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Light vs. Dark

Boards

Poll: Light or Dark. Which do you prefer?

Light

3 votes / 25%
Dark

9 votes / 75%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• SunshineSavannah
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-15 17:14:02 — Link

my friend, SuperHappy and I, have an ongoing debate happening. I like light, warmth and sunshine. Ya know, SunshineSavannah. But SuperHappy says she prefers darkness, the moon, the gloom. Yeah. So the war has begun. I will keep this updated as we further the debate. But for now, this is what we have.

Imagine the comfort. The pure devastation you would feel without the shadows soothing fingers cradling you, keeping you safe and unseen from the enemies that lurk in the night. It fights the light of the coming day, revealing your position, your tears. No matter how hard the light tries to convince you of its warmth, the darkness sees the truth. It is the shadow that follows your every step, the light that hovers. It tells you the truth, a truth the human race often ignores. It lets the moon seem so much brighter, while the sun raises us just to engulf the Earth, like a slaughterhouse. The darkness shall always remain, long after the Sun has died, a mere reminder of those that hadn't listened....

SunshineSavannah wrote:

Imagine the despair. The pure devastation you would feel without the sun's warm fingers cradling you when your trapped in the dark. Light frees you. It fights the dark trendils that wrap you into a despair filled grip. The light is your reminder that no matter how tight the darkness grips you, light will be by your side, ready to save you and release you into the warmth of happiness and love. It tells you today is a new day, filled with hope, dreams, and joy. It warms the sky with its powerful shine, clashing with the darkness. It heals the cuts the darkness has left, leaving only the scars as the reminder of your pain. It will always light your path and it will always protect you from the lingering shadows.

SuperHappy wrote:

But the light cannot be alone. With the lught comes the darkness, with the darkness comes the light. Darkness is what fuels life, allowing predator to seek prey to bring home to young. Without the darkness, the stars and moon that many have grown to love would melt into the sky. It is the shadow that reminds us the light shall not pass through us. Darkness is a representative of life, without it, light has no meaning.

SunshineSavannah wrote:

The darkness is what engulfs us, washing through, eliminating the bright side. Eliminating the light. It's what makes us blind. Blind to the light. Blind to the happiness. Blind to life. It's what directs our vision to the shadows. To the sadness. To the despair. To death. What would life be without the light to guide us through this winding path. Through the ups and downs. Through the good times and the bad. It expands our view. To the happiness. To the joy. To love. Darkness keeps us hidden. It makes us desperate. Desperate for the warm glow of the sun. Of the reminder that there's hope. That no matter what, there is light at the end of the tunnel. It brightens our outlook as we stumble through this winding road of life.

SuperHappy wrote:

It is the sun we adore, yet the sun that shall one day expand, burning the earth. It is the darkness that gives us cover. The light is exposing.

SunshineSavannah wrote:

Black is scary, dark, depressing, sad, and makes me cry. days makes me happier than night. It was darkness and blackness that made me depressed. I was trapped in a black hole and couldn't get out. Like a dark endless tunnel with no light for miles. Someone else had to shine the light on me, and wash away the blackness.

SuperHappy wrote:

Cool. In black's defense, I have:

Black is calming, protective, yet in itself is vulnerable. It represents evil, yet is not evil itself. It is a misunderstood color, the color of the midnig sky, and of old riches. That's why I like the color black.

Current Sales:

Rainbow Jar

https://beastkeeper.com/lot/3/493790/

GP1 Female Unicorn

https://beastkeeper.com/lot/1/493792/

• Nightstar
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-15 23:02:33 — Link

I have a argument! 

Light is a lie. It is artificial comfort. It unpredictable, you never know when it will explode and throw you off. It burns you, and it exposes you. Secrets cannot be kept in the light.

Darkness is a cool, soothing comfort that will always be there, from your shadow to the corners of a room. It blankets you and keeps you safe,allowing you to rest and let go of your trouble. In the dark, you can reveal yourself, and no one ll ever have to know. Darkness is the best.

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god.

Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.” 

• SunshineSavannah
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-16 16:17:04 — Link

Some secrets are meant to be told. When darkness engulfs you, you won't talk about the tough stuff. You won't seek the comfort you deserve. You will seek the dark side of the moon. When you keep these thoughts to yourself, they will be trapped. If you ever told, it would be nothing more than a whisper in the wind. We wait. Wait for the light to shine down and make the whisper a call. A call for help. A call for comfort. A call for life.

Current Sales:

Rainbow Jar

https://beastkeeper.com/lot/3/493790/

GP1 Female Unicorn

https://beastkeeper.com/lot/1/493792/

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla