Posted at 2016-03-13 23:55:38 — Link

I wrote a story similar to Wings of Fire, but the main characters are different and this is set in the future. The story is all mine, please do not copy or continue the story. I am open to suggestions, thanks for reading!

Dark Falling

By Cu2764

Chapter 1

Darkthinker pushed through the large crowds of dragons. Students were hurrying from oneclassroom to another.Ugh! How am I supposed to find my sister if I don’t even know now she looks like? I haven’t even seen her for 5 years!

A new voice entered the Nightwing’s thoughts. Hah. Don’t worry, we’ll find her.

Darkthinker groaned.Listening to my thoughts again? He growled telepathically.

Ahh… I’m just saying…Quickmind laughed.

You know, there were only 35 dragons when Jade Mountain Academy first started. That would of made our search easier. Darkthinkerthought to Quickmind,

Well, that was when the “Dragonets of Destiny” were still “dragonets.” Now they’re practically my grandparents. Quickmind argued.

You mean Deathbringer was one of your grandparents.

“Anyways, how many dragons are in here now?” Quickmind said aloud.

“‘Bout a thousand I suspect.”Darkthinker guessed.

“And they used to be only inside the mountain. Now they have some classrooms on top too.” Quickmind added.

Silvermoon hummed to herself as she carried a scroll to her dorm. She nodded to her friend, a pretty Seawing called Splash as they passed.I hope she is in my wing group! Darkthinker too! Oh I wonder if Darkthinker remembers me…

Darkthinker thought he had made it through the worst of the busy dragons when he saw a large crowd blocking the stairway. “Hey hey! What’s happenin’? “ He heard Quickmind say.

The closest dragon turned to him and said coolly, “Only princess Auklet, of course.” She turned and stalked back into the crowd.

The princess is here? Darkthinker thought warily as he observed the cluster of dragons around the regal and graceful Seawing. He caught a glimpse of her winking at the fans and then the whole patrol swept away.

Hmph. At least they moved… Darkthinker heard Quickmind grumble as they brushed past the big crowd.

Arriving at the office. Darkthinker became nervous. Would the headmasters really let me roam around trying to find one student out of a thousand?

It turned out that the headmasters didn’t mind at all. In fact, on the office door, there was a large sign that announced, Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy. You are free to roam around the explore the school on your first day. Classes will begin tomorrow. Please check in with the office to find out your winglet and class schedule. Any questions are always welcome.”

Darkthinker studied the sign and swallowed back his nervousness.

“Err… Hello?” Darkthinker called as he pushed open the door and peeked in. Sunny was relaxing at her desk, and Tsunami was looking at a piece of paper. Darkthinker looked around and saw Starflight talking quietly with Clay. “Glory’s coming tomorrow. She can’t stay for long - the Rainwings need her.”

Tsunami looked up from her papers and put on a tired smile as she said kindly, “Yes? How may I help you two?”

Darkthinker had forgotten that Quickmind was still there. He hurriedly made an introduction and then asked tentatively, “Do you know where I could find my sister, Silvermoon?”

Sunny peered over her glasses at the two young dragons. “Let me check,” She told them as she pulled out a stack of papers.

Ahh… hmm…. Silvermoon, in the… Diamond Wing.

Then she said aloud, “Silvermoon is in the Diamond Wing, and you, Darkthinker, right, you and Quickmind are in the Pearl Wing.

Darkthinker nodded, then asked, “Where is the Diamond dorm?”

Sunny handed him a sheet of paper, which looked like a map of the school. “Enjoy your day!” She called as they left the office.

Silvermoon walked up the layers of stairs to the office. She wanted to know what wing group she was in. There were two dragons from each tribe in the wing groups, meaning that there would be fourteen dragons in each wing.

Oh… I really hope Darkthinker will be in my wing. If not him, at least Splash! She thought worriedly. Finally, she reached the top floor. Walking towards the direction of the office, she saw the figure of two Nightwings coming out of the place she was going to.

Silvermoon is in the Diamond Wing… Which is on the 3rd floor… The taller dragon was thinking. He was with another Nightwing, who looked slightly bored. After this, can we please go look at the swimming pool and gym they have here, Darkthinker?

Silvermoon perked up. Darkthinker? Isn’t that my brother? He wasn’t supposed to come until tomorrow!

“Umm..” Darkthinker stepped up to Silvermoon. “Have you seen my sister? Uh...oh yes, she has silver scales, and she’s a Nightwing, and her name is Moonsliver. Oh, no I mean Moonsilver. Oh wait that’s not it. It’s Silvermoon. Right, Silvermoon.” He looked at her expectantly, though slightly embarrassed.

He knew what his sister’s name was, and he’d just made a fool out of himself in front of this pretty Nightwing by mispronouncing her name!

Oh so he is Darkthinker! Silvermoon thought.Wow, he doesn’t even remember my name.

“Seriously, Moonsliver?”Silvermoon scoffed.“Yes, the name is Silvermoon.” Then in a nicer tone, she asked, “Your name is Darkthinker? Are you my really brother?”

It was the brother’s turn to be sarcastic. “No, of course not… My sister is… is Queen Battlewinner! I’ll just have to go and find her in Dragonia! I’m sure I’ll find her! Totally!”

Then he turned to Quickmind, who had started laughing. “C’mon, let’s go!”

Darkthinker took a step forward, then suddenly turned around, flinging himself into his sister’s arms. Sis, it’s really me!

Silvermoon looked shocked, then leaned into her brother, the silver scales beside her eyes sparkling like teardrops.

Quickmind looked uncomfortable, then put on a fake smile and called, “Swimming pool! Here I come!”

He then hurried away, his tail twitching with laughter and relief.

Now that we have some privacy, Darkthinker thought to Silvermoon, “We can talk more,” He finished aloud.

They still had their talons together, so they split apart and stared at each other. “So…” Darkthinker started to say.

Silvermoon was glad that the hall was empty, she was close to tears. This was the closest family she’d come to in ages. Her father was dead, their mother had disappeared, and Darkthinker had left them to live with Quickmind, and his family.

“I’ve been with Quickmind…” Darkthinker said, stating the obvious. “Silvermoon, have you still been living alone? I told you that you should've come with me!”

Silvermoon rolled her eyes. One thing she didn’t miss about Darkthinker was his protectiveness, now that they had no parents. Darkthinker looked at her, waiting for an answer.

“I’m in the Pearl wing, Professor Sunny told me that you’re in the Diamond wing.” Darkthinker told her, because she had still not answered. “With Splash, hopefully.”

He showed her the scroll he had been clutching in a talon, which turned out to have the wing groups shown on the back. “See, here.”

Darkthinker pointed to a part that was titled, “Diamond Winglet”. “Silvermoon- Nightwing, Constellation- Nightwing, Splash- Seawing,

Reef- Seawing, Comet- Skywing, Flame- Skywing,

Fog- Mudwing, Pebble- Mudwing, Cactus- Sandwing, Sun- Sandwing, Flora-Rainwing, Toucan-Rainwing, Tundra- Icewing, Frost- Icewing.”

He finished reading and looked at Silvermoon. She was looking excited and a bit nervous. “Do you think I will make other friends? Will the other dragons hate me?” She looked suddenly very worried.

Darkthinker smiled, “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.”He suddenly realized what time it was. They had been talking for almost an hour. Silvermoon seemed to realize too, because she said, “Thanks bro. Well, see ya ‘round,” She ended, as though they’d seen each other everyday of their lives. Darkthinker watched her fly away, down to the 3rd floor, where the Diamond dormitories where.

Swimming pool… Darkthinker thought, then laughed and checked the map. “First floor” it said. Darkthinker shrugged and turned to the stairs.

Always looking for: Energy Drinks, Rainbow Jars, Vermillion and deviant pets!

Newbie Giveaway Thread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAINBOCAT