Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Strange 'Gene Power' numbers?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Azelk
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-13 15:05:53 — Link

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not - but I noticed a bit of weirdness with the numbers for the gene power of the grey, red, tan & pearl colours for lykos, and for the diluted pattern for rocs? I checked and it's not just the gene list - it's reflected with what genes are dominant as well.

They just don't seem to match all the other species numbers? For Lykos, the colours are all at 40 gene power, when /every/ other species has a 90/80/70/60/50/40 pattern, and Rocs have the diluted gene at 40 gene power, when it seems like it should be 60, given it's placement in the lists and rarity as 'common' - and that that's the progression every other species has for skin patterns.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-01-13 21:09:05 — Link

Color genes are species specific, so their power is individual for each species. Diluted for Rocs isn't the same with Diluted for Dragons, it's a separate gene with its own characteristics. As you can judge by the other genes (not color related), gene power doesn't depend on gene rarity or sequence number.

• Azelk
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-14 03:34:18 — Link

I understand that, but that's not quite what I meant sorry!

A better explination - based on info from the list of genes and list of skins..

Every species (barring the ones I mentioned) has the exact same sequence for their colour and pattern gene powers - 90/80/70/60/50, and 40 for colour as well, and those all corellate exactly to placement on the list of skins, and to the list order on the list of genes. Rocs also adhere to this for every gene but one, and lykos for all but three colours. So for every species, the A1 gene has a power of 90, the B5 has a power of 50 etc, except for the B4 gene for Rocs, and the A3-5 genes for Lykos.

Sorry for bothering you if it's intentional, it just seemed like someone made a typo or something!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-01-14 14:52:43 — Link

No, it's not a typo. List of skins does not corellate with gene power or rarity, it just shows all the possible color variations ordering them by Ax_Bx nomenclature which exists only to order the colors and doesn't have any other meaning. This is also what I meant when suggested to check the other genes to see that there is no corellation between gene sequence number and it's gene power. For example, Sharp Feathers is 4th gene for Roc's skin gene pool and has gene power of 40, while Elemental Resistance is 6th and has 50, so it dominates Sharp Feathers. Color and pattern are regular genes, they don't have any hidden schemes that other genes don't use.

As for the Lykos, they are a bit special not only with their instable color genetics. They also require only one gene for the elemental attack unlike other elemental species, and have halved number of breedings. They have been frozen in hibernation for thousands of years, who knows what may have happened with genes in their gametes.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla