Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Mandibles confusion (and more I guess)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Amnaa
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-06 02:56:23 — Link

Hi!

Sorry for spamming the bugs forum today, I'm at the end of my breeding program and I'm a little bit on the edge -_-

This little miracle was born to my pets today - when recounting it's genetics, I've found something curious. He has large mandibles and as a harvester, he's going to have hardened mandibles. That would make his bite strenght 15(base) + 30%(large) + 15%(hardened) = 22 but it's only 20. Another funny thing is, that in the beast codex, the hardened mandibles gene is said to give 30% bonus, not 15%.

I thought this might be because he's still a baby, but then the strenght rating would be a bit too forward as it has the bonus it's supposed to have.

The second thing I don't get and I'm too honest to keep it for myself (but it's too late for heaven for me though lol) its the inteligence rating... From what I accounted, the inteligence points are 57% higher that they are supposed to be O.o

I guess I'm just confused again, but I feel there might be something wrong... somewhere.

Thank you for your time!

Edit: So, I made some tests and found out that genetic bonus gets as well counted from pedigree bonus, is that right? If so, the scratched part won't be needed anymore.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-12-06 15:52:50 — Link

Your pet hasn't undergone metamorphosis yet and don't have any of the harvester bonuses at this moment. You can also see that its morph is "Worker" and will change only when it becomes adult. 30% for Bite damage in FAQ is correct.

Not sure about the second question. Yes, GP value is summed with the total characteristic value just like any other modifier. You can hover over the characteristic value and see a breakdown. In case of intelligence, it looks like this:

Basic value: 27
Pedigree modifier: 30
Genetics modifier: 29
Total: 86

• Amnaa
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-06 19:05:18 — Link

Ok, I knew that (breakdown of stats).

I was just a bit confused because of the hardened mandibles having different numbers for gene and morph settings.

I think I'm good now, lol. Everything is answered for me now.

Thanks a lot!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla