Boards < Advertising < Art Showcase &Trades < Art for trade - Looking for Building Materials

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Skald
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-07 23:05:11 — Link

Hey everyone! Skald here, nice to meet you. I find myself in need of some items but don't particularly want to spend my silver on it, as I'm short on cash at the moment. But I have something to trade for the materials I need: Art!

What I'm Offering:

Custom tags/Avatar art

BK line recolor Skins

Custom line Skins

Custom art - character ref sheets, portraits, landscapes, maps, etc.

What I'm Looking For:

Clay ~ 500 pieces

Wood ~ 500 pieces

Stone ~ 500 pieces

Amethyst ~ 100

Marble ~ 300

(For those who do not want to trade with materials, I'll be needing silver for construction costs as well, and would be happy to accept silver instead.)

Pricing:

To be honest, I'm not very clear on what the BK art market is going for these days--it doesn't seem to be especially active. Given that, and that I don't have an established relationship on BK as an artist, I'm a little less concerned with specific numbers, and I'm open to reasonable offers.

Generally speaking, I'd expect something around the following:

150 material units per BK Skin Recolor

350 material units for a Custom Avatar/Tag*

500+ material units for a Custom Line Skin**

Other art--subject to what you're looking for. 

* Within reason. Given size limitations, there's only so much detail that can be fit into it--and I reserve the right to turn down any commission I feel is too complex for the small size.

** Again--within reason. BK's skins are pretty small, and there are only so many poses you can do without the animal ending up tiny. (Imagine trying to do a dragon in full flight from above including the neck and tail stretched out--you could make it fit, but it'd be tiny.)

I reserve the right to refuse any commission, for any reason. I will tell you up front if I don't think I can do your idea justice--I'd rather politely decline than do a poor job of your commission.

EXAMPLES OF WORK:

Most recent at top:

BK Recolor Skin:

Custom art:

COMMISSION SLOTS:

I will only be accepting 2 commissions at once. If you see a slot above that has nothing in it, then it is available first-come, first-served. I generally work pretty quickly, but I am a full time college student and work full-time, so art has to take a backseat sometimes--hence the limited commissions. I will try to give you a reasonable deadline prior to confirming an order.

REQUEST FORM:

Type of art: (Avatar/tag, Skin(custom line or BK recolor), custom art/other)

What are you looking for?:

Reference pics?: (Character refs or just poses you like)

Colors you prefer: (If you have no reference pic, or if you want some colors different than what are in the pic, please list them here. I need absolute specifics--find hex codes, please. You can search for a "HTML Hex code generator" online, or you can make a palette in whatever image editing program you have and upload it. I can work from that.)

Anything else you want to say?:

Preferred method of payment/offered price:

Do you have a deadline? If so, when is it?:

If it's a Skin, do you want it Private or Public? (To be fair, Public ones are subject to a discount.)

If it's a Custom Line Skin, will you allow me to recolor it for public use at a later date? (See above--reusable lines will be subject to a discount.)

Thanks for viewing everyone!! Have a wonderful day. I will reserve the post below for commission updates.

• Skald
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-07 23:05:42 — Link

Reserving this post for commission updates.

• dragonsky
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-12 22:45:00 — Link

i an looking for a more oreiental dragon i can give 500 stone for it. blue green and purple are preferred colors. the skin is wanted by me and my friend saberia12

let your mind take to the sky and flurish.

• Skald
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-13 23:47:09 — Link

Hi Dragonsky, I have a couple questions about the skin. Do you have any specific requests for the pose it's in, or how you'd like it to look (think head shape, expression, wings/no wings, number of limbs, fur or no fur, etc.)? Do you have any preferred patterns, or do you know which of the colors you'd prefer to be the base color?

And to make sure, you want this to be a skin that multiple people will use--would you be alright with me doing recolors later, or would you prefer not?

I will be a little slow on this one, as I have had several projects assigned to me that must be completed first, but will of course work on this as I have time.

• dragonsky
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-14 01:51:16 — Link

no specific requests other than: i want the dragon to have a pearl under its chin. four legs, no wings and a bit of fur on the tail and head like a mane. no particular pattern. blue base, purple pattern and green fur. i dont care if you resuse the design but the first one i want for me and my friend saberia12 only. please

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-15 04:03:45 — Link

Just wanted everyone involved to know that dragon skins are required to have four legs and wings, as stated by Angel here. I'd hate for you to go to the effort of making it only to have it rejected. 

• dragonsky
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-17 01:42:22 — Link

ok thanks then make the wing small beacuse i dont really want the wings but since they are needed....

thanks Sumatra _Echo

• Skald
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-18 01:24:32 — Link

Sumatra_Echo, thank you for the warning!!!

Small wings works. Dragonsky, I had several large assignments piled on me recently--I'll be a tad slow on this, but will see if I can get you a pose sketch to approve shortly.

• dragonsky
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-19 03:10:34 — Link

ok thanks 

• Skald
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-20 05:03:39 — Link

Dragonsky, here are 3 pose sketches. Please note that one of them does not currently have wings, but will.

I was somewhat unsure as to what you meant by the pearl under the chin--it seemed strange to just have the pearl floating, so in most cases I tried for the dragon holding it. Thoughts?

Which is your preferred pose?

• dragonsky
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-21 00:32:23 — Link

the dragon is supposed to have the peral like growing straight out from under its chin. but i like the last one the best if you make the pearl in its hand a gemstome of sorts and put the pearl under its chin that would be great. thanks. you are a great drawer.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla