Boards < General < Creative < Rekugono;s Art Corner [Needs assistance in Pricing]

Boards

Poll: Which word do you want to be the theme of the next Art Chop?

Wasp

0 votes / 0%
Symbolic

1 votes / 8%
Boutique

0 votes / 0%
Beast (effects species)

3 votes / 23%
Hidden

1 votes / 8%
Beach

2 votes / 15%
Village

0 votes / 0%
Antique

1 votes / 8%
Bell

3 votes / 23%
Justice

2 votes / 15%
« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:13:08 — Link

Rekugono's Art Album and More!! 

Welcome and hello there! I see you've stumbled into this little hole in the wall. Well take a look around and comment :) 

I'll  be posting my current work progress and the like here. 

Little about me: 

I'm a student who's working on 3D animation and gaming as a course major and I specialize in creating models and textures. Though for most of my work atm, I'm going to be posting up art works related to Beast Keeper. If you visit my pets, I tend to specialize in unicorns, lykos, symurghs, and pumas. I'm also in a writing circle, and am working on a horror story, though it's still in the works. I may create a background story for my custom skins in the future, though for now I'm enjoying creating them

NEWS 

For those that were waiting for replies from me within the weeks of  8/16 to 8/29 sorry for the delay. I was busy within those weeks from family meetings to the start of the first week of school. I am back on now, but be aware that I have small slots for commissions due to not knowing how busy I will be within the upcoming weeks. 

Table of Contents

1. Example Skins 

2. Current WIP projects 

3. Commissions Area 

4. Slot for Commissions and In Progress Works 

5. MISC and Event information 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:15:39 — Link

-Example Skins- 

Roc Skin, Gatekeeper

Update: All of my custom skins can now be viewed in my photobucket album to the public here. They will have pricing, description, and species in the description box. Their titles will be what they're named here. 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:18:46 — Link

Current WIP Projects:

!! 7/28/15- ??/??/?? Kittensrule321 Art Chop winning entry [unicorn, custom lineart, event win, high priority] 

!! ??/??/?? Cute But Psycho Art Chop winning entry [puma, customlineart, event win, themed] 

??/??/?? - ??/??/??Parade of Souls/ Night Flight (name WIP)(personal project-noncommissioned) [unicorn,custom lineart,set1] (backburner)

??/??/?? - ??/??/?? Judgement Song (name WIP) (personal project-noncommissioned) [unicorn,custom lineart,set1] (backburner)

Completed!! 

6/10/15 - 6/25/15 (Sanctum, now called Angel Drop) (personal project-noncommissioned) [unicorn, custom lineart,set1]

• Was an off-on again project
  • Delayed due to volunteer work and FF14Heavensward Release 
  • Total Time to complete: 1 week approximated 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:19:55 — Link

Note on Commissions

Please be aware that if you request a full custom lineart of your pet that it may take a while, a few weeks with full color. However if it is the default lines with some extra accessories and alterations, it will be much quicker in terms of completion times. I will also note that I tend to respond on the weekends faster than on the weekdays due to school obligations. 

My commissions slot is small until completion due to constraints on time so they will fill out on a first come, first serve basis. Much of the rules that apply to the ART CHOP, will also apply in regards to commissions. 

ONCE the above is complete, the form will be located below. 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:20:25 — Link

Commissions 

1.[not open yet]

2.[not open yet]

3.[not open yet]

Art Chop Entries 

Current Works 

1. Kittensrule321 

2. Cute But Psycho

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:27:05 — Link

MISC

-Artist corner-

Tips

Tip1: If you're unsure about the anatomy of the animal you're working on, look up the anatomy of it. If it's made of parts, like a symurgh or griffon, take an animal it's comprised of and take a look at their muscle system. Adding in muscular detail definitely will bring in more realism.

Tip2: Don't be afraid to look up references, especially since they can be really useful. Be careful though, that if it comes from another artists' interpretation, some details may be exaggerated. Go to the source! Look at real life photographs or maybe take a look yourself.

Tip3: Basic concepts of art are a key factor in detailing your artwork.

Tip4: Start from simple shapes/shadows and work your way up. Look at the image from afar and take in the whole piece, don't get caught up too much in detail. Trees and forest -that saying- 

Resources

Great for learning the basics of a horse! : here

Planned/Possible Events

Planned: Art Chop 5; These 10 words (randomly generated and chosen) will go through a number generator and the first 2/3 will be the theme for next week OR forum will vote top 3 they'd like: wasp, symbolic, boutique, beast, hidden, beach, village, antique, bell, justice

Event Schedule

ART CHOP 4 Week 8/30-9/13

This is a planned bi-weekly event where I will make custom skins (maybe lineart or basic base with deviations) for free for 1 lucky person based on a random number generator. People who want to be in the raffle should PM me the form listed for the week they want to enter in. Might be themed based on lineart or default base, species, theme, ect. The form is placed below and altered based on what was going on during the time period. 

PM me with the subject line: Ending the World in Pink

All entries must follow the ToS of the site and custom skin rules. If there are violations, your form may be rejected. Also it must be legible and in grammatically correct/close to correct English. Do not use an overabundance of l33t or chat speak. Ideas can be "inspired by" but will not violate any preexisting copyright laws. 

Btw please remove things in (parenthesis) and insert your words. Much oblidged \(o-o)/

Username: (name of participant)

Default or Line: 

Theme: Pink, Apocalypse, Slave  (can be a mix of any of these three or all three) 

Species: (choose what you want here)

Colors: Pink(Choose here, max number 4/5)

Description: (anything info you might want to add to help customize the skin to your tastes. Note it must follow the theme of this week. You may also choose Artist's Choice)

Reference Images: (show or list any reference images you'd like used. Highly recommended) 

Private or Public: 

Note: Public skins will not have a gold or silver amount on them. Declaring them as public will mean it will be free for other users to use. 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-10 11:38:31 — Link

And it's open for comments and the like :D 

Well, to start off, here is my current progress on my unicorn Sanctum, It has a custom lineart that I am making. It does take a bit longer to do them, but they are pretty satisfying to do. I looked up like 6-8 real life picture of horses to get the anatomy down, or at lease close, and the resouce above since I'm not familair with horse muscles.  

WIP-SanctumUnicorn

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-12 13:57:18 — Link

Second progress, going to probably finish the base today and add in some redlines/bluelines for design details that I'll add in for Sanctum. I'll edit this post with the newer one if I get fnished by today. Might be interesting for some to see how things get going along. 

For those curious as to what I'm using and my settings, here they are 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-19 10:12:02 — Link

Third progress, this is what my layout plan is going to be. Atm I don't have all of the details in the horse's coat and main but it will be heavily textured and there are more things to add in as well. The markings and the horn are final at this point. 

-Tip: create a strong foundation for your art or it will definitely come back to bite, specially on cleaning up your linework. 

[edited: removed broken image link]

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-25 15:56:41 — Link

Here is the completed skin that I've been working on-and-off on. Being preoccupired, my second skin may not start until after the 28th or when I'm starting to move. Also if there are any suggestions on opening commissions, feel free to respond in this thread. If anyone can give a commision price range in which you think some of my works fall under, feel free to also comment, although at the moment I am looking around for those.

Here is what was Sanctum, but turned into Angel Drop since the name Angel Tear was already in use. 

Angel Drop

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-24 19:18:14 — Link

Username: (name of participant) kittensrule321

Default or Line: (may be prefilled for the week) Line

Theme: (may be prefilled) Desert

Species: (may be prefilled) Unicorn

Colors: (depends on the situation but generally max combo of colors would be 4/5 at most in their variations) Variation of colors: Orange, darker orange, red, yellow

Description: (anything info you might want to add to help customize the skin to your tastes. This could be themes, words, setting, inspired by, ect) Can you have a desert-ish setting? Lots of yellows and oranges?

Reference Images: (show or list any reference images you'd like used. Highly recommended) These colors

Private or Public: Public now private

Name of Pet/Link to Pet Profile: (please be aware that if the skin is private, this is mandatory simply because I need a confirmation on the pet with which to dye with due to how private custom skins work) (may be blank if public)

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-26 22:03:41 — Link

Well since you're the only applicant this week, you're the winner of the Art Chop. :D I'll probably have some test poses to show you sometime within a few days and you can tell me which one you like. I'll be posting my progress here. 

Congrats Kittensrule321

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-28 16:28:35 — Link

Well, the pet I'm putting the custom skin on is http://beastkeeper.com/pet/438409, so if you want to make it private(which I would prefer), that's fine by me.

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-30 03:42:44 — Link

Ah okay, yeah that's fine. When it's done I'll have the skin shared with your username. 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-31 08:59:02 — Link

kittensrule321 (#29129) wrote:

Well, the pet I'm putting the custom skin on is http://beastkeeper.com/pet/438409, so if you want to make it private(which I would prefer), that's fine by me.

K I have some sample poses if you'd like to take a look, there's more coming on the way most likely, but if one catches your interest in particular feel free to tell me. Also if you have one in mind or a style that you want from the different ones being shown, tell me as well :D sample poses A-C

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla