Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Sticky: Battlefield tactics and balance suggestions

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-14 06:12:52 — Link

Nightingale: I think the first one could be too overpowering but probably not the second one...For the first one, Maybe change the percentage to 15% and make another tactic to counter it?

Angel: Oh, I didn't know you lose energy in arena... I was pretty sure you didn't. And okay, now I understand. Thank you for explaining that better

But can't there be something else instead of losing? Because technically didn't lose, maybe even they move somewhere else (but don't get kicked off the map), but the attacker doesn't  move to that spot? Seems a bit fair maybe?

I seem to always have a tie. :(

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-15 13:35:50 — Link

Right now I'm seeing a potential triangle forming, where Movement beats Defense, Defense beats Attack, Attack beats Movement. With hybrids to vary up the teams and allow for some customization, I feel like this would be pretty fun.

I say potential though, because right now movement is really weak, since movement damage doesn't get multiplied by leadership. As a result, movement-dominant/attack-sub teams lose pretty often to defense-dom/attack-sub teams (Due to leadership increasing damage in defense/attack so that HtL isn't really needed against a movement team anyway). 

Gracefulness, Second breath, Massive Wings, Watchman... Here's some skills that can be used to buff movements. I'd like to see movement builds increasing utility, like:

Watchman: The Roc sees weaknesses in the enemy's position and directs it's companions from the sky. Only 3 movements instead of 4 are required to activate Theory of Chaos or Maneuvers. 

Second breath: Your pet is not done fighting. Adds an extra reroll per line during battle. (Does not override inability to reroll for elemental attacks)

Movements do still need more damage potential though... so maybe:
Gracefulness: The pet strikes the enemy and then shifts into a more favorable position. Attack/Movement hybrid, Deals 1 damage and counts as both an attack and a movement for Tactics.

And I do like Nightingale's idea so:
Massive Wings: Does no damage. Randomly changes one of the opponent's moves to Wait each time it is rolled. May hit the opponent's negative/neutral tactics as well as positive ones.

Sharp feathers can also work as a movement/attack 1 dmg hybrid. If so though, both Gracefulness and Sharp feathers need to be the same tactics skill, since Gryphons get access to both genes. 

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-09 08:02:38 — Link

Terror and Confusion: "The next attack of this pet will score twice more points."

Well... That Fire Breath was the next attack, but evidently that only triggers when the next roll is an attack. So those maneuvers are even more worthless than I thought.

If you have set up the pet with three attacks, there's still a high chance of rolling either Wait, or same buff twice in a row. Both are also useless if rolled during the last round. And both trigger Hold the Line, so they're often worth -1 points insted of 0.
I think those should be improved 

Hold the Line: Overused. Completely negating all 1 point attacks [ie. most attacks except elemental] makes it too effective. Needs to be balanced somehow. 

Blinding Attack, Battle Cry, and Petrifying Attack: Almost useless now, thanks to the prevalence of Regeneration and Hold the Line. And will only get worse once Regeneration/Song of Peace Symurghs become more common. How about giving those 50% chance of bypassing defense, instead of being always blocked?

• mmhorselover4
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-24 08:27:21 — Link

only being able to fight against your pet's  level or below

I Love horses like no one else...without them I wouldn't be her walking this amazing beautiful world.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-01-19 05:59:55 — Link

I have a question for clarification. When we tie with a user (which happens to me quite often!) it counts as a loss. Does it count as a loss because we used energy and failed to overtake an enemy? Does this count as a win to the other user? Under that logic wouldn't they be losers too- since we both technically tied?

I guess I'd be a bit frustrated if this were a loss. I know I don't have the strongest squad- but I don't like how this counts as a loss. I understand if this means we can't move into an area and we still loose energy- that makes sense... But it is a tie/draw, not a true loss....

I think I'm mostly asking for clarification and if there were a way to change that statistic.

Thanks

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-24 00:13:25 — Link

Honestly, I'm getting bored by the tactics. Pretty much everyone is using the same squads now, and no wonder: Hold the Line with couple of elemental attacks is the only worthwhile setup to use. Since it beats just about everything.

I've been playing around with some alternative setups, but nothing comes close to HtL. Would be high time to balance it.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-24 00:55:18 — Link

Agreed... I think it is time to mix it up a bit.... But alas I don't have any suggestions. I just wanted to post my support.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-24 01:42:16 — Link

We're considering adding some new maneuvers, thank you for your suggestions!

Zaltys

If you have set up the pet with three attacks, there's still a high chance of rolling either Wait, or same buff twice in a row. Both are also useless if rolled during the last round. And both trigger Hold the Line, so they're often worth -1 points insted of 0.
I think those should be improved

Terror, Confusion and Wait do not trigger Hold the Line.

Blinding Attack, Battle Cry, and Petrifying Attack: Almost useless now, thanks to the prevalence of Regeneration and Hold the Line. And will only get worse once Regeneration/Song of Peace Symurghs become more common. How about giving those 50% chance of bypassing defense, instead of being always blocked?

You're right, 2-point defenses became very widespread. We're going to remove the effect that allows them to block piercing attacks completely. This will make defense combos a bit less powerful and piercing attacks a bit more useful.

I've been playing around with some alternative setups, but nothing comes close to HtL. Would be high time to balance it.

You're right here too. Though the balance is quite delicate here. Hold the Line gives not so big bonus if we think of Leadership on its place, and it  requires several conditions to be fulfilled. We will redo it to (number of attacks - 2) for now. The thing here is not in HtL itself but in the stability of defense combos. Attacking combos with elemental attacks require more luck to get a successful roll. Full attack combo scores more points than opposing full defense with HtL, but it has less chances to be rolled.

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-24 10:34:41 — Link

Edit: Removed, since the new movement abilities changed the balance and what I wrote no longer applies.

• aliangel
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-17 10:28:47 — Link

hi guys i have encountered a problem. not sure if here is the forum for it, but............ ive been playing this game for quite a while and the laptop i used originally has clonked out. i have since been using another but it is of the older versions. whenever i go on the battlefield with this particular laptop and i win a battle i cant access the defensive roll button. the screen itself is taken up with the battle rolls that whenever i scroll down to get  the defensive roll button its wayy under so my pointer cant reach it. so my suggestion is maybe if at the end of every successfull match,when the match summary comes up where there is the name of the pet and the amount of xp it made,if you guys can also have the words DEFENSIVE ROLL  as a clickable word so when i cant get at the button i can maybe click the words and it sends straight to making the roll possible.  thank you for reading my plight, looking forward to a feedback. P.S i have been fighting on the battlefield but unable to defend my area cause of this, please help

DO UNTO OTHERS

AS YOU WOULD LIKE

THEM TO DO UNTO

YOU

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-06-19 00:06:48 — Link

Aliangel- I suggest posting in help or bugs for something like this. Your questions isn't so much about changes to the battlefield as a personal issue with it. 

Anyway, let's see what we can do... 

So you are trying to use your older computer to access the battlefield, yes? 

What browser are your using? I recommend Firefox or Chrome, make sure you have the most up-to-date versions and are on a stable internet connection. 

Random, and probably not helpful question, but is your browser zoomed in too far? Could you perhaps post a screenshot (on help or bugs!) that shows what you are seeing so we can better help you from this end? It would let me see what you are seeing. Thank you. I hope we can get you back up an battling soon! 

I know how dead laptops are- mine just went and is in the shop for repairs *bitesnailsbecauseImissmybaby* 

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 08:56:51 — Link

It seems 'piercing' attacks (Blinding Attack, Petrifying Gaze, and Battle Cry) are triggering defense scores now, making them obsolete, as they're the same as the regular attack maneuvers now -- Help Forum where it was discussed. (Only posying it now, because it seems like the founder, Sumatra_Echo hasn't.)

Also, imo, the Tactics: Phobos and Deimos & Deadly Frost could use some adjustments, as they rely on the other squad having a negative maneuver, which rarely happens (Especially for some locations.) Though I'm not sure if  a Tornado + one of the two tactics would work or not.; if it does work, that's a viable way to ensure it can be used; if not, kind of useless, since most players won't enter the battlefield with pets w/ these negative maneuvers anyways.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-17 04:31:53 — Link

It's been a while and the Battlefield seems like it's evened out a lot since the beginning, but at the same time there are a couple genes I feel are left out of the tactics - Elemental Resistance, Tireless Heart and Magic Mirror.

-Elemental Resistance could reduce one elemental attack's damage to 2 or act as a Defensive maneuver that scores 1 point for every elemental attack rolled by the opponent

-Tireless Heart could give a similar effect as Second Breath. 

-Magic Mirror could act like a Leadership but score only the same number of points as the highest scoring attack on the other team? (so no counting tactic points, defense points etc.) Attacks buffed with Confusion, Ice Aura etc. would not be counted/only score the same amount of points as the original un-buffed attack

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla