Boards < General < News & Announcements < Open Beta Launch!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-20 00:25:55 — Link

Today is our birthday!

We welcome all visitors and hope that you will like the game :)

Please post all your suggestions, ideas and found bugs at the Forums.

Gold Coins won't be available for purchase in the Beta version of the game. We would like to polish out all the bugs and to know if the game really deserves your attention and interest before taking any money. We grant free Premium Subscription for the Beta phase to compensate this.
If you still would like to use the items from the Premium Shop, please check the possibilties to earn Gold coins in our FAQ.

• tallman
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 18:01:11 — Link

Congratulations!

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-20 19:23:50 — Link

It's actually awesome! AWESOME!

Need any coders? Or maybe artists?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• yksi
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 20:23:42 — Link

This is pretty cool :D

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 21:40:12 — Link

Really liking the site so far, but that bird there looks pretty heavily referenced from the Aywas Griffin pet (flipped horizontally and resized, but the feet are very, very similar). Can whoever is doing the art be careful about that?

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-20 21:58:05 — Link

Hilary, it wasn't intentional and I doubt Angel want to check every other petsite to see if someone already made a pet with that one pose.

If you paste BK's griffin with Aywas, you can see she didn't copy anything. Plus the only thing similar is the pose and it's a very common pet pose.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 22:14:16 — Link

I've just done an overlay with the Aywas Griffin at 175x179 and it's true, the only thing that lines up is the foot in the middle of the picture, and that could be a coincidence, but it still seems very heavily referenced (so much so that Aywas' Griffin occurred to me immediately, and they're far from my favorite pet). It's a common pose, sure, but  I would be surprised if the Aywas lines weren't used as a reference, or if perhaps the two pet artists unwittingly used the same real-photo reference. xD It just struck me as odd to see something familiar when all the other art on the site has seemed unique. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but if you're recruiting players from a popular other pet site, you might want to make an effort to avoid any posing they've done that's not SUPER generic (like the melo pose).

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-20 22:55:51 — Link

I'm from Aywas too, and I agree it's similar, but not that much. Let's stop with this, if you wanna keep arguing about this let's take it to pm. It's off-topic.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-20 22:56:34 — Link

Hilary, the only references which were used are photos (the only exception is dragon - I think every fantasy artist knows the beautiful anatomic reference by Eugene Arenhaus and Jennifer Walker). I can't deny that other artworks affected mine, it would be silly statement for any artist. Every artist's work is a combination of the imagery and experiences that he met in his life, converted through the personal ideas of how the subject should look like. That's how the human mind works. The structure of Eiffel Tower is similar to the structure of cylindrical bone, though I doubt that the architect realized that when created blueprints. So on the my side I can't say that I've never seen Aywas griffin - it would be a lie since I'm playing Aywas. I can only say that I didn't use it as reference when I was creating my own griffin cub.

Fya, thanks for support. If somebody is worried about copyrights, I think this person has a right to express his/her opinion and get the reply from administration :)

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-20 23:06:49 — Link

No problem.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-20 23:14:36 — Link

It's fine! I didn't want to make anyone feel accused. xD It would be funny (and definitely not implausible) if you and the Aywas site artist used the same reference. I've seen that happen before and cause some confusion. I really like all the art on the site, the texturing is lovely.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:59:31 — Link

Don't worry, we're not angry at you or anything, I was just pointing out it's a very common pose.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• BlackVulpix
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 09:02:58 — Link

I have a bit of question on how fast Gold Coins are issued out?

I have my referral link posted on another site and someone's already joined using it. Is issued after they finished the tutorial or after the registration process?

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 10:54:36 — Link

I think it's after the tutorial, BV. I had someone sign up using mine and I received the Coins after they'd been playing for a while.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 18:25:32 — Link

BlackVulpix, Gold Coins are credited after your referral completes tutorial, Hilary is right. I added this to the promo text.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla