Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #3

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-25 23:09:45 — Link

The Golems are here

With the help of the Beastlords, the ancient manuscript was restored and the Magicians managed to construct and animate several Golems. The users who helped the Council have earned the unique achievement which is viewable in their profile and below avatar in the forum posts.

A Golem is an artificial being which multiplies the materials spent on its construction by 2. The Golems live 10 days providing 1/10 of their total material resource each day. To create a Golem, you need to find and learn its Scheme first. You can find the schemes for 4 Golems right now: Clay, Stone, Wood and Cotton.

Art Contest: New Golems

Take part in the art contest and create the other Golems!

Updates: Explore and other

• Your pets will spend 5 energy points for every island visit. The amount of resources, coins and probability of building generation are raised proportionally, XP amount is doubled. The portals are working more stable now. From this moment, a pet will stay on the island even after the loss in battle though every loss will cost you 1 energy point. The pets still return home from island after the loss if the battle started with 0 energy. The amount of resources on islands generated before this update won't change but the new rule with energy decreasing after batlle loss will apply there too.
  • You can find a new building on the islands - a Fountain which replenishes 5 energy.
  • The sea items won't be blocked by buildings and the treasure chests won't be placed on the buildings anymore.
  • Gray Jar is removed from the Magic Shop goods.
  • To balance the XP gain from the usual monsters, the amount of XP earned from the battles with other pets on Battle Arena is doubled.
  • You can see Gene Power of your pet's genes directly in you pet's profile by hovering over the gene names.
  • Degeneration inheritance mechanics has changed: if the parents aren't close relatives and have Degeneration grade, the Degeneration grade of their child will reduce by 1 instead of being removed completely.

Text Quests - test mode. What is your opinion?

We want to introduce you Hoot - the tool for creating the text quests developed by Dave Gauer. You can try creating your own text quests here. This tool has a simple scripting language which allows you to create interactable non-linear branching stories. You can get the very basic idea by checking sample auto-generated Hoot quest.

You can save your stories and post the links here for other players to play your quests!

We're planning to use player quests in 2 areas (read more about them here):
1. Daily Quest (minor feature).
2. World storytelling (major feature).

If you like writing or fulfilling text quests and want to see these features implemented, please share your opinion here!

• Darquesse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:21:21 — Link

Wow, worth the downtime :)

Especially excited to hear about the new island rules. Gonna go try them out right now. 

~smells of sunflowers~

• LiaEvalle
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:24:40 — Link

interesting :3, although with the amount of mats I collected to get the script part, I do not think I ll be needing a golem any time soon XD (if they were making food, thats another story)

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:33:52 — Link

Interesting. I'm curious to see how the text adventure thing ends up playing out...

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:35:07 — Link

I liked how cotton golem looks and already found a scheme for it XD

• Pella
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:38:04 — Link

5 energy points for every visit...that means I'm only allowed 2 visits a day! I guess I will have to turn oranges into apples.

• blueBird
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:42:53 — Link

I really like the changes. Not completely sure about this one "To balance the XP gain from the usual monsters, the amount of XP earned from the battles with other pets on Battle Arena is doubled.", but we'll see how it goes.

• Sugarfoot
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 00:49:23 — Link

Just found a Clay Golem Scheme.   Not sure what I'll do with it (as far as keeping or selling), but I'm happy I found it nonetheless!

I love the changes to Explore.  The fact that everything you collect is now doubled makes it so much easier to get harder-to-obtain items in bulk (especially Vermillion).

• Shenanigans
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 01:14:23 — Link

Everything collected is deffo not doubled or proportionally increased as I've just collected 1 clay!

I'm not sure if you've forgotten to change some things on islands?
but from my little time exploring the new way it's not giving out and inceased amounts of silver? and when you come across a training building it's still only giving out 55XP? no increase here at all?

At first I thought Oh great I'll be able to compete a bit more with those who are able to be online all day, but I feel that it might actually be worse off than before.

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 01:14:38 — Link

Sounds interesting =D

My only issue is -  every loss will cost you 1 energy point This 

Having just explored with a pet of 10 energy and losing the pet is down to 4 energy so it now has to wait an hour to gain 1 point so it's at 5 again so I can explore again =/ 

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 01:40:30 — Link

Everything collected is deffo not doubled or proportionally increased as I've just collected 1 clay!

I'm not sure if you've forgotten to change some things on islands?
but from my little time exploring the new way it's not giving out and inceased amounts of silver? and when you come across a training building it's still only giving out 55XP? no increase here at all?

At first I thought Oh great I'll be able to compete a bit more with those who are able to be online all day, but I feel that it might actually be worse off than before.

The resources attained now basically award 1-3 of that resource unless it's food - in which case I've personally picked up a thing of 11 wheat so far. The cash pickups seem slightly larger than before and the chest payouts are really nice - nothing beats opening a chest with six vermillion in it though. This could potentially help the vermillion market.

As far as the exp building goes....I'm kind of undecided if I like it the way it is or not. It's free exp you don't have to fight for, always a plus - but now, rather than being worth an island or two in monster exp it's only a few fights. By modifying the exp gain from monsters, it may come down to an entire exp table rescale. Because the building awards nearly as much exp as crafting does, too.

I guess we'll see.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-03-26 02:13:31 — Link

I agree with Gwinni. I think we should just leave the island instead of losing energy for the exact same reason.

however, I LOVE the rest of the changes! It makes everything SO much easier. Thank you Angel! :)

Hey everyone!

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 02:15:39 — Link

Hmmm, I was wondering since you are increase amount of energy cost to for exploring will you decreasing the amount of items needed in recipe. Technically speaking the amount of items you still get is still less than what we used to.  Since the chances of finding the items is decrease by 8 times even if the you increase the amount items found...not mention I still ocassionally only one of items(Cuttlefish Ink and for example) when I exploring.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 02:49:26 — Link

At first I wasn't sure about the new changes, but after playing around on an island for a while, I really do like it. The best thing for me is that I can collect more items in one go, and don't have to spend so much time going to the island time and time again. I really love the new battle changes too.

I also kinda wanted to show off my new achievement icon. :P

• Gina
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 04:00:12 — Link

I'm really happy with the new changes, specially with the explore. Now I can find vermillions and level up pets much more faster and it doesn't become tedious and bored!

Check Out my Unis For Sale!GPed Unis, Counterstrike, Rare Colours & More!! 

I'm always buying Geneticist Invite

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla