Boards < General < General Chat < Custom Skin Event Idea?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Hazeala
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-03 23:09:28 — Link

I've been toying with the idea of making custom skins for events... Sort of like the Kami's and such, except its more like a custom-skin sale event? F.x. if I made a Valentine skin with the holiday theme, and it normally costs 50 gold (meaning it's expensive outside of season) but it would only be 5000 silver on Valentines day, etc?

But I'm not sure if anyone would be interested/notice/want it?

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 01:04:53 — Link

I like that idea - I don't often have spare gold to spend on any skins (there are some gorgeous gold-only ones, sigh) but would happily use them for silver.

How would it work though? There isn't a mechanism to change the price of skins once submitted... is there?

• Hazeala
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 06:59:54 — Link

Oh, there is- you can't change whether they're shared, but if you go in under "my custom skins" and click on the name of the skin you want to edit, you can change price ^^

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 17:57:07 — Link

Huh, I had no idea that page existed. x) Cool, thanks for that.

Then yes, looking forward to seeing more skins from you! Perhaps you could post notices in your creative thread, when a special skin is upcoming, so we can get appropriate beasts ready and not forget to browse the skins that day.

Considering BK's lack of further official updates, custom skin days do sound like nice "events" for players to run for each other. Tempted to join in (if that would be OK with you), and if we could get more artists involved... sharing/collecting seasonal skins would be neat. :)

• Hazeala
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 18:19:54 — Link

It would be amazing, I am a huge fan of your skins! 

I was thinking if others joined in, we could make collaboration thread in the contest and give-aways forum maybe? I know it's not really a give-away, but it's close.

And write in the custom skins descibtions the dates they'll be cheap in.

So if we made valentine-skins, we could upload them to custom skins a week from now to have them accepted, but with a price of 50 gold. Then write in the descriptions that they're available for cheap silver from Sunday the 13'th Febuary, till Sunday the 20'th Febuary 2017? That gives a relatively large window for the first time, and if people catch on to the idea we can change the details.

We can also write together before uploading skins and make sure they match and doesn't overlap, and then make collective sets? (Like you said, sharing/collecting seasonal skins would be neat)

(Been playing with the idea for a few days ^^'')

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 20:21:23 — Link

I can help you edit the text if you like :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-04 22:27:53 — Link

Yes, that all sounds good. You/arete/someone else can decide names and wording and how to present this event to others; I'm not very creative with words. :)

How many skins are we thinking of, for each species/event? Shall we just choose one or two species we like to draw, or should we try to cover all 9 between us?

• Hazeala
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-05 06:25:57 — Link

We could come up with a story for the event, sort of like with the kamis? Or just go with what we feel for, I guess. What do you think? I probably won't have time for more then one or two spieces :p

Somebody editing the text would be nice- sometimes wierd mistakes slips by me and I only discover stuff ages later when I read through it again.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-05 19:32:29 — Link

Yeah, just send me the stuff and I'll vet it for typos and that sort of thing :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla