Boards < General < News & Announcements < Tundra Direction is Open!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-01-01 00:09:13 — Link

Lykos

Winter has come to power and Tundra biotope has become available through the portal network! Beastlords value these cold distant islands for the possibility to find hibernating Lykos Eggs, and the luckiest ones can wander upon a Pristine Snowflake and grow their own Etelia.

If this is your first cold season on Europa, please visit these threads:

Learn about Tundra

Learn about Etelias

White Etelias

Etelia

After spending a whole year with these weird frigid creatures, some of the Beastlords figured out how to purify the crystalline ice of a growing pristine snowflake and what conditions are required to keep a little Etelia pure while it is maturing.

There is a 30% chance that a Prisitne Snowflake produced by a Black Etelia will grow into a White Etelia.

Tundra direction will be closed on March 4th, 23:59 EET

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 00:27:11 — Link

Dangit, just when I'd thought I'd sit this year out...this is tempting...

• Chickenhead
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 03:49:57 — Link

I made it to level three, but there was NO portal!!!! FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-01-01 12:22:56 — Link

Chickenhead, this is not a bug. Not all of the tundra islands are connected to the deeper levels. Sometimes you will run into the dead ends.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 12:33:43 — Link

I made 350 charged sticks ahead of time this year... But guess who forgot to make portal cells?

Aaaaaaaargh now I have to wait four hours *facepalm*

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• zelex
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 14:13:09 — Link

And I put my roc to craft 20 sticks... now I just have to wait like forever.

Luckily I had some cells in stash and my unicorn made it to level that has two(!) Etelias. He don't have much energy so he is resting now. Let's see if he is able to beat them later.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 16:02:34 — Link

Got to level 10 with my best unicorn. He was doing fine... then he challenged an easy-sounding beast temple and lost?! That was silly of me to try that.

Stuck on level 10 with a lykos. There are at least 3 etelias which he can't defeat. Think he's going to spend a very long time waiting around on that island. x)

• Ascot
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 18:11:40 — Link

This is getting very frustrating for me. I don't know how to battle on manual mode. Two of my unicorns are stuck on their respective islands, trying to win the battle against Etelias that are just too stubborn to accept defeat. Is there any guide on how to be successful at a manual battle? At this point, I could really use some tips.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 19:39:08 — Link

My best tip is don't use unicorns. Mine are useless, as Magic Horn doesn't work on etelia (Ice heart - they can't be frozen, petrified, are immune to shriek and roar, you name it), and they can make you miss multiple turns (blizzard) and wipe out your hitpoints (ice breath).

Try to use a beast with elemental attack. Either an Ice breath lykos (I have some with elemental resistance) or an acid spit cockatrice or a fire breath dragon. Then use mostly bite to strip away the etelia's hitpoints. It's still a crapshoot because of that wretched blizzard, but if it doesn't activate you have a good chance of winning, as elemental attacks are really strong.

• zelex
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 19:52:49 — Link

My counterstrike unicorn just beated these two Etelias with autobattle. Few times he lost, but it took only about six attacks and they both were dead. This guy is level 50 and he has normal horn, but regen, and some other qualities. So I don't say they're useless, they just had to be good enough.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 19:59:48 — Link

zelex (#36774) wrote:

My counterstrike unicorn just beated these two Etelias with autobattle. Few times he lost, but it took only about six attacks and they both were dead. This guy is level 50 and he has normal horn, but regen, and some other qualities. So I don't say they're useless, they just had to be good enough.

They are for higher levels, due to increase in stats of all the creatures.

---------------------------

Ascot (#44994) wrote:

This is getting very frustrating for me. I don't know how to battle on manual mode. Two of my unicorns are stuck on their respective islands, trying to win the battle against the Etelias that are just too stubborn to accept defeat. Is there any guide on how to be successful at a manual battle? At this point, I could really use some tips.

I'll be selling some cockatrice for this later on, since I'm almost out of room, so look out for them.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 21:37:45 — Link

Thanks for the tips, arete. I must try to breed a super-cockatrice with acid spit and regen...

Had another surprise loss to a beast temple. I guess their stats increase along with the regular monsters?  Won't go near them again, either way.

Lykos managed to beat the 3 etelias. Waiting for cell-crafting to finish so he can move to level 11. Wonder what's the highest level anyone has reached?

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 22:13:56 — Link

I think I once got to level twelve, then the monsters started killing me in earnest :)

Came across a couple of monsters on level 10 and 11 with regen and magic mirror. I was so cheesed off, hehe. Finally beat them. So far today I've got three lots of crystalline ice and one hibernating egg. The etelia don't seem as tough as they were last year. Or maybe my lykoses are just better? And I realised that my unicorns have spoiled me: I hate exploring with a beast that doesn't have acute eyesight now. I'm such a brat X)

I would advise staying away from beast temples. The risk is just not worth it, especially if you're on quite a high level. You're bound to lose and then you've wasted all your time and your portal cells as well...

• zelex
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 22:32:48 — Link

Wireath (#22186) wrote:
zelex (#36774) wrote:

They are for higher levels, due to increase in stats of all the creatures.

I found my snowflake last year with unicorns, so I still think that they can make it too :) Maybe it's easier with lykos, I have one on the way.

But first I have to get those sticks. Stupid me. It still says 3 days to go.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-01 22:57:29 — Link

Why don't you buy some sticks?

My etelia finally bred! And I got TWO black ones! I'm so happy! :)))

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla