Boards < General < Help < Battlefield: Complete Confusion

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-23 16:13:22 — Link

When a squad is made of pets that have only defense moves and complete confusion, does that mean that you can't beat it anymore?

I have tested attacks with diverse squads, switched pets, switched tactics but what ever I do, I end up with the same result: as soon as I have attacks tactics, the other squad wins because they make the same points anyway via complete confusion (plus get points from their defense moves).

If I choose defense tactics only, we both end up 0:0 (as there are no attacks moves chosen in their squad tactics - defense versus defense is zero for all), which again is a loss (as 0:0 is a loss for the attacker).

I can't believe you can't win against complete confusion at all (wouldn't exactly be balanced then), so what am I missing?

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-23 23:22:53 — Link

A Maneuvers or Theory of Chaos-based strategy should be able to beat it, because you score points using movement, which can't be countered by defense moves or Complete Confusion.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-24 02:59:29 — Link

movements... could indeed work. worth a try.

did not think about it as I usually don't use movement tactics, but you're right

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-24 12:15:41 — Link

Oh, looks like you're refering to me? (lol, I think I'm, currently, the only one that actually uses CC.)

Anyways, there are plenty of counters for it:

1. Like Sumatra said, movement work wonders -- Though you'll have to be careful, since you can't change your rolls afterwards, unless you use a Squad Energy Pack, or hold till your squad has 10 energy.

A. ToC nullifies Tactics

B. Maneuver+Movement = You score points while they don't get anything

C. Tornado messes with the combo.

2. Leadership -- CC doesn't score from leadership, so that's potentially 5x4 points that they can't touch. (Not sure if critical is counted or not; think it so, but will have to test.)

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-24 19:49:33 — Link

I think once my once squad had Hold the Line (10) and Complete Confusion (23) activate. Plus a Regeneration or two and a Counterstrike, I scored a grand total of 50. I was so stoked!!

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-24 23:20:32 — Link

err not anymore Wireath :-)

I was so impressed by the points of your squad that I went ahead and made one of my own. just had to test that.

"movement work wonders -- Though you'll have to be careful, since you can't change your rolls afterwards, unless you use a Squad Energy Pack, or hold till your squad has 10 energy."

that was exactly my worries - you roll your defense roll for the occupied spot immediately afterwards and I am not sure if you can change your pets' tactis between the win and the defense roll. and trying to defend a spot with movement tactics ... that would turn out to be a pretty short fun  :-)

@arete: yeah -- 50 points is worth a cheers for sure. 

ah these stories from the battlefield ... all we need now are some grandchildren gathered around us, a rocking chair and a pipe. 

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-25 00:57:42 — Link

lol, 50 is much that difficult to get -- 20 from leadership plus 16+ from Elemental plus w/e else; the one that is diffult to get is 98

Anyways, I think arete tried it once, but didn't like it (Though that's probably cuz she didn't use the some roster as I) -- Also, you're going to need more Battlefield wins to actual pull it off, cuz HtL needs a GP3 pet w/ 15 wins, and CC needs a GP2+ w/ 10.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-25 09:54:59 — Link

one of my squads must have managed to stay on the field when I was on my hiatus... and must have unnerved some people: while me being off, they made 12 wins or so (well and then a number of losses, of course... must have moved constantly around the battlefield with rerolled moves every 10 hours). but 12 while being off... that's nice. gladly a fragrance pet was in the squad so I got my first CC pet as a surprise result. I had GP3 in that squad with one exception (kami), so for HtL it's not that far away anymore.

I completely reorganized the squads when I came back (and doing so constantly now... a squad that disappoints me is being taken off and replaced with other pets) - so you can see the wins of the actual pets, not in the current squad folders.

oh and *smokes pipe, rocks in the rocking chair: gasp. 98!

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-25 10:36:20 — Link

lol, aren't you lucky then, though personally, I wouldn't want one pet to hold both CC and HtL, since the rolls tend to troll you somethings.

Anyways, lol, it's nearly impossible, by my estimation, and there are ways to get higher, but that would depend on circumstances (that you're facing that 'perfect' roll)

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-25 10:38:30 — Link

Stop showing off, Wireath :D

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-25 15:16:30 — Link

"lol, aren't you lucky then, though personally, I wouldn't want one pet to hold both CC and HtL, since the rolls tend to troll you somethings."

but tactics (the purple fields) are those that you anyway can't get two of each. so as that pet has to choose 3 of them... I see no problem having them on one pet. we are constantly roll-trolled anyway by this game, as we all perfectly know and could tell stories of :-) (and do, after taking a look at the beastkeeper rants posts - arete: I think that part is something you would for sure sign, too)

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-26 18:31:59 — Link

Oooh, I got so tired of being trolled by this game :D

I don't really play the battlefield any more, as I have all my top-level buildings now. I must say it was a lot of fun while I did it, like waiting for game rollover (eleven p.m. for me) to get a battlefield portal quest and acquire a nice fat special item :3

I would try for more items, but I have no idea what to sell them for...

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-27 05:24:09 — Link

Well, I personally am doing it just for the fun of it (and this fun costs me way more than I can ever hope to get out of it, to be honest). But I'd like to finally get the hang of it.

As I just started with my first squads, without much clue what I'm doing before I went on my longer hiatus, I have to admit I did not manage to get to the portal even once so far. Would be about time to finally do it :-)

Not today however. Talking about game trolling us: today it really had fun with me. Let's not talk about details, but enough said when I reveal what ever roll luck I had occasionally in the past few days - today the game made it up.

With a huge surplus.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-27 09:37:59 — Link

Hee, you'll see what I mean later on, I'll say this -- You'll, probably, want 2 defense rolls each round, or else a Leadership build could easily beat you. (And they are, probably, the most pro-dominant buidl out there, since it's not that difficult to get them.)

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-27 13:49:54 — Link

I am so far playing "safe", meaning first I want to secure I have those 4 confusions rolled as requirement. When they are there, i can reroll next ones for defense. You're right, leadership can beat me (saw that just yesterday), but honestly I have no clue how they do it: my own leadership builds never work that great. Either I put it on 2 pets to be on the safe side so that at least one of them shows up (and of course, you all guessed that: exactly then both are rolled and I stand there with zero). Or I stick to having leadership on one pet only... with exactly the result you have long guessed also: exactly then it does not show up. And for sure not in those rounds where their points would have decided the  battle for me. It's of course "wait" then in a round without reroll and such funny things that make us bite in our desks :-)

I wonder why others never seem to have such bad luck. When I fight, I seem to always fight against that "perfect rolls". Argh.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla