Boards < General < General Chat < What would he be worth?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• ImmoDon
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-17 05:35:11 — Link

I bred a genetic power 3/bad genetic 1 male Symurgh. Is he worth much?

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/976710

• MeanDM
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-26 12:12:17 — Link

The market on Beast Keeper can be rather odd. Theoretically, since you can get 500 silver from the Pound for a pet, all pets are worth a minimum of 500 silver.  Futhermore, each researched gene is worth 100+1 vermillion, so, assuming a price of 10 silver per vermillion (pretty cheap), researched genes should be worth about 2200, making the minimum value of a researched pet 2700.  Most of the time, though, you won't get anything near that on an average pet in an auction.

My standard technique for putting a value on a pet to auction when I don't know how much it's worth is to look at what similar beasts are selling for. Your guy has enough good genes to offset the degeneration, in my opinion.  There are 5 GP3 Symurghs on the auction right now; mostly the prices are around 8000 silver.  No one has made any bids, so either the auctions are new or people feel that price is too high.  I would put his starting bid low, around 1000, and either leave the auction without a buyout or put it reasonably high (again, look at the auctions to get a feel for what price a buyer will think is 'reasonable').  Either way, the auctions can move really slowly, so give a decent length of time for it.  I usually set mine between 10 days and 2 weeks.

I often have some good pets in my Pound/Giveaways tab.  Feel free to ask for one of them.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla