Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Error in creating item exchange

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• ohwillow
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 07:36:15 — Link

I've been trying to create an item exchange, but I can't complete the form. The drop down menu works when selecting the item I want to trade, but I can't enter any data into the item I want. There is no search function to find the item I want, and when I try entering the item name, the box turns red and goes blank. I have tried a number of different items and all of those were unsuccessful. I have tried entering the full name of the item including the capital letters and punctuation, but it's made no difference.

Help would be appreciated.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-21 08:47:31 — Link

Could you please tell what exactly are you trying to enter? There is a search function that suggests you items according to the entered data starting from the first entered letter. So even entering one letter should give you a dropdown with a list of items. It's not case sensitive.

The search field resets its value only when we don't have items with such letter combinations or when the script is interrupted by client. Please make sure that no browser extensions, plugins and scripts alter the work of client scripts (javascript). Any failure to check the entered value with the database will result in field reset.

• ohwillow
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-21 09:15:32 — Link

I haven't had any problems with listing items for exchange before this. The drop down / item selection function on the top line works fine, but the second line, the one where the item you want is specified, there is no suggestion box or auto fill menu. I can type anything I want in there, nonsense or existing items, the box immediately blanks and turns red. I'm on my Android mobile with the Firefox ap. Actually, now that I think of it, all of the posts made before this have been on my PC. I'm going to try logging on through a firmware browser on my phone. I really should have tried this before. I just have a profound dislike towards it because it doesn't block ads and for some reason it keeps trying to install Chrome. Hate Chrome. I'll let you know how I go.

EDIT:

Well, this is embarrasing. Logging out and trying a different browser is basically troubleshooting step one. Anyway, there seems to be no problems listing anything with this firmware browser. It's rubbish but I guess you have to put up with these  things.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-21 09:38:50 — Link

It may be your ad blocking extension that doesn't allow the script to work as expected. Of course, I can't blame it for sure, but it definitely alters the page structure and blocks a lot of javascript in order to block ads.

• ohwillow
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-21 10:01:19 — Link

As far as I'm concerned, java is something horrible that strange people like to drink. That said, the firmware browser that keeps trying to install Chrome on my phone is oblivious to the fact that Chrome is already on there as firmware itself (not for lack of me trying to get rid of it) won't work with the phone's automatic spelling function even though it works with Firefox. Moral of the story: buy cheap brandless Android phones from China via eBay and you will get what you're given.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla