Boards < General < News & Announcements < Auxo, the Kami of Summer

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 10 11 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-15 00:13:54 — Link

Conclave of Warlocks is looking for Cat's Eyes!

Collect Cat's Eyes in explore and by fulfilling silver and gold quests. Here's a sample:

Visit our exchange station to trade Cat's Eyes.
Offer is valid until August 28th, 23:59!

Warlocks have noticed that late summer butterflies named Cat's Eyes for their wing pattern are capable of travelling between worlds in search of the summer lands where they breed and thrive. Warlocks are very interested in researching this unusual ability. They suppose that these peculiar insects are a manifestation of Auxo, the Kami of Summer. According to the legend, Auxo incarnates in a form of a black cat which tries to glance behind each door in search for summer. Commoners believe that all black cats have a piece of that kami in them, at least their intolerance for closed doors reminds of her a lot.

Search for Cat's Eyes in explore and in your own lands by fulfilling silver and gold quests, and exchange the caught insects for nice rewards!

Each player is allowed to have only one account. Players who have multiple accounts will be banned.

BeastEon - a new game in development

It's time to introduce you the project that we've been working on for a while already.

BeastEon is virtual pet / world simulation browser game based on the same setting with BeastKeeper. You can find more details on our Tumblr or in the new forum section.

• Alfafa
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 00:40:56 — Link

this sounds exiting!

• Lesley
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 00:48:32 — Link

Wow. This is an awesome project you've got planned out, I can't wait to see it :)

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 00:48:57 — Link

This is the most excited I've been ALL year! Can't wait for BeastEon to be fully developed, been looking for another game like beast keeper to enjoy with Beast keeper.

Good luck to everyone with the Auxo event!

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 01:15:20 — Link

Hmm, BeastEons seems pretty ambitious; not to menton how Eons is pretty much a reset, which may not sit well with some people.

Anyways, ugh, out of 20 explores, only found 2 Cat-eys, probably going to get the bulk of mine through quests.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-08-15 02:18:12 — Link

Wicked cool! I have so many questions about the new site. I'm so glad to see an update!!

Best of luck to those seeking Auxo! Anyone find a specific biome more productive??

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Truffula
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 03:07:02 — Link

I've explored 11 islands and found 0 butterflies, so I think they may be very scarce... :(

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 03:52:08 — Link

At the moment I just have found butterflies in the grasslands behind guardians.

• yummyquik
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 04:11:32 — Link

I just finished going through 20 random islands using level 50 pets.  

Found 2 butterflies in desert behind the red cryptomorphs,
1 butterfly in the jungle behind the red tiger-thing,
1 butterfly in the savannah behind the red spotted horse
and 1 butterfly in the grassland behind the pink & purple hydra. 

• MarsinOz
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 05:28:16 — Link

my first 2 islands, both Jungle, 2 in the first run, and 1 in the second. maybe I'm having awesome luck.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 06:12:48 — Link

Nah, it's probably just that we started too early, so they were just trickling in, but now they're flooding.

Anyways, hee, just dug up an old thread about speculation on the Triad: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8916 -- and I guess of the abilities, though not accurately placed, while Monues guessed Auxo's ability spot on.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Chesnaught
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 06:26:07 — Link

Question: For quests, will it SAY that we receive the butterflies for a reward, as opposed to silver? Or will it just be random that we *may* get them? 

• MarsinOz
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 06:39:58 — Link

BeastEon, please don't tease me with a new pet game with dynamic breeding and AI pets. Don't Tease!!! Give me the game NOW!!!!!  

Seriousely, it looks awesome, and I can't wait!

• Truffula
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 06:49:21 — Link

Now I've found 5 butterflies in 22 explores, so it was probably bad luck that I found none in the first 11? All mine found were in deserts for some reason.

I read the beasteon tumblr.  I think NodeJS is a great idea!  It's way better than PHP.  I wasn't familiar with ArangoDB but I hope it works well for you.  I'm not sure about Sails ORM either but you may not be able to use it all the time and still get the benefits of the Arango data customization? But it'll simplify the easier parts and the hard parts would be hard no matter what :)

I hope you keep blogging about the development aspects because I'm very interested.  I have never made a real game like this but I've worked on dynamic websites for 15+ years and played this kind of game for similar time, so learning about the underlying tech is so fascinating!    And with the latest and greatest technology you can do new things too - the social interaction between pets sounds intriguing, would love to read more about how that will work too.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-15 11:23:49 — Link

Chesnaught (#47420) wrote:

Question: For quests, will it SAY that we receive the butterflies for a reward, as opposed to silver? Or will it just be random that we *may* get them? 

You get them with the quest rewards after you complete it; can see it if you look in the Reports part of the Manor tab. -- Note that it has to be Silver and/or Gold quests.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

« Prev | 1 2 ... 10 11 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla