Boards < General < General Chat < Help me name my puppy? Red husky (pic)

Boards

Poll: Names

Freya

10 votes / 33%
Winona

0 votes / 0%
Cheyenne

4 votes / 13%
Sienna

1 votes / 3%
Skadi

6 votes / 20%
Soleil

0 votes / 0%
Sayuri

5 votes / 17%
Yukiko

2 votes / 7%
Wayra

2 votes / 7%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-07-26 16:28:43 — Link

Hello all! 

I've been rather busy this last two months... I got married and my Husband and I are closing on a house at the end of July... Not to mention we are going through a very very busy transition at work! With all that I figured I'd add to the stress and get a puppy!

Here she is

I'll probably upload more photos of her at some point, I have a few... This is one from before I met her. 

Originally I wanted to name her Freya (Freyja)... but when I met her the name just seemed to fit her sister better...

So now I need help naming. 

My list so far: 

Freya

Winona

Cheyenne

Sienna

Skadi

Soleil

Sayuri

Wayra 

If you can't tell I like celtic, norse and native american names... In a variety of themes: red, snow, white, winter, loyal, woodsy, fiery, brave, spunky, sunny, cold... you get the idea.

Eventually I will be using her for skijoring... Think sled dog but pulling osmeone on skis  

If you have more names to add to the list please let me know!

I plan on taking this list and saying them all to her and seeing which fits her best and what she responds to. 

Thanks in advance all :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-26 20:55:59 — Link

Puppeeeeeee!!! (Dammit, I want one. But I already have four cats. No space for it to play, either.) I voted for Sayuri.

Congrats on getting married, Mrs Nightingale. Got any ring pics?

How about something that means red, like Ruach? Rufus is a boy's name... I dunno. See what sticks :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-07-26 22:39:40 — Link

Oh you, making me take more pics :P 

Thank you/ :) 

Wanting a dog has been in the works for like 5 years... Too many apartments, and too cramped with the two cats. But now with a house I certainly can and I'll have the space.

Puppy again

Rings (the engagement ring is his Grandmothers. The band is one I chose to match the ring. I love that it's low profile (since I'm so active!)).

Sayuri is a gorgeous name. I'm still liking Freya, I'm so torn. 

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-27 08:36:26 — Link

Congrats;

As for the name, since you, yourself, like Freya, why not use that -- Though I gotta warn you, it's the name of a Goddess of Beauty & Fertility, and you know how they are usually protrayed right? Not to mention if you research it a bit :P

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-27 10:48:37 — Link

*Throws a cushion at Wireath* If the puppy wants a family, who are we to stand in her way? Hehe.

@Nightingale, those rings are stunning. I really like the thumb ring, too. (It's been ages since my thumb rings have fitted me.) Really Celtic looking, too. *happy sigh*

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-07-27 16:48:47 — Link

Hhahah yes Wireath, you know.... oddly enough the meaning has held me back a bit. Like I -love- the sound of the name, not necessarily what it implies. Though most people I have talked to don't realize what it means, so that's good news. She also has half of those that die in battle... I just remember one of the stories where she cries tears of red gold.. and that made me think of a red husky for some reason.

I figured Freya would match my suite of "God/Goddess" themed pets. I've a horse named Artemis, a cat named Loki, another cat named Murphy (okay, he is the oddball), and in the past I've had a dog named Thor, and a cat named Chaos. I also had a cat named Salem... which I guess also fits the theme... :P

Tapadh Leat!! I enjoy Celtic histories and very much enjoy studying the Gaelic Language. 

• Wolla
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-30 16:48:18 — Link

Oh she's gorgeous! Puppies are so much fun :D

I gotta go with arrete, Sayuri is a gorgeous name. I agree that Freya sounds good though. Have you tried calling it fast like you would call her? Freya is a bit less of a mouthfull I think ^^.

With her clear blue eyes she has that norse look as well and you could say she's a ginger ( kinda :P)

Beautiful rings by the way :) 

Félicitations encore pour le nouveau chiot! :)

• Xx_starrytrail_xX
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-11 02:13:30 — Link

freya sounds like a lovely name since its a norse name ;3

• Beers
  • User

Posted at 2021-11-19 17:53:52 — Link

Winona

Check out my giveaways!!

Newbie:

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/13973

Reg Giveaway:

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/14168

If you have any pets that you want to have a safe and kind home, send them to me and they'll be put in my giveaway for players who are looking to give pets some love!

• Seawing4evs
  • User

Posted at 2022-01-07 02:01:53 — Link

Yukiko!!!

The seawings anthom.

Seawings oh seawings with scales green and blue.

Seawings oh seawings with scales pink and purple.

Seawings oh seawings with talons webed and sharp.

Seawings oh seawings with tails strong and large.

We live in seas or deepest blue.

Isolated from the contanent.

Delagated to protecting our queen.

But we're never really that content.

We are a proud old tribe of whale munchers.

But we really love our lunches.

A break with cake.

Or a salmon pie or two.

Seawings oh seawings I worship you.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla